Chapter 24

Leena's pov~

I stood at the hospital's front entrance in a daze on what to do. The sun beamed down on me, my legs still felt a little like putty so I sat myself down on the benches until I figured out what I was going to do. Even though I went through all possibilities.

I guess I had one but I was reluctant to do so.

.....................

If this wasn't an emergency I don't what is. I'm using some of my father's support. I can't stand him, the last of saw of him. I told him I didn't need him for anything. He's well endowed but the way he treated my mother and I. It made the three of us grow apart.

My mom's attitude about life right now. Is to do her own thing. With her now taking in foster kids. It's a noble thing to do but I didn't like the way I found out about it.

My mouth probably got me in the mess called my life. I said I didn't need them. I moved in with Derek, we all know how that went.

Now I'm staying an three star hotel. But I don't know how long I'll be here though.

Then a sudden thought crossed my mind.

" Oh shit ! I didn't even check in with the school about my leave of absence ! "

I can't believe I only thought of it just now.

......................

After making the phone call, freshly showered. I fell back on the bed but couldn't get comfortable. Something felt wrong, I didn't know what it was.

REJECTION

Of course that's what it was. It seemed to be happening to me a lot lately. What was going on with me ? Am I a bad person.

People make mistakes. I don't even know why I was with Nate. And now he's dropped me like a sack of potatoes. I didn't want to be around him in the first place. But everytime in the beginning of him asking me to stay with him. I'd say I wouldn't or couldn't.

Next thing I knew the thought was out of my mind. It was like it wasn't even me. Like something took over but that's not possible.

Thinking of these things made my head start to hurt so I put it on the back burner. Turning on my side with my hands under my head. I closed my eyes, willed myself to sleep.

.............................

Derek's pov~

Don't know why I even thought about her after all she's done. I couldn't help but look to see if she came to class yet again today. So many weeks I felt indifference or tried to.

Even I swear that I heard a voice inside my head telling me. That I shouldn't bother with her anymore then soon after a flash of what happened that night popped in my head.

I chalked it down to being hurt by them both. But why didn't I feel anything about Nate's part in it. It was strange even though he was my so called friend. Maybe it was because I knew him longer.

Nothing felt right since six days ago. It feels like my mind is clearer now then it was before. The only way I can explain it is. It was like I was on some kind of drugs, the effects are wearing off.

My mind and heart is telling me that I need to talk her. But I haven't been able to talk to face to face. I tried calling her, it always goes to voicemail. She doesn't use social media so that's out.

So here I am sitting, watching the classroom door to see if she would magically walk in. Probably looked half crazy to some because of my obsession that somehow I thought that staring at that damn door will stop the wondering, it's hold on my brain.

.........................

Another school day ended without a trace of her. I felt gloomy enough to turn down some friends to go to a party tonight.

I wasn't up for it. I needed to be alone. This past week had me feeling too many things that I haven't felt in awhile.

It had me thinking. Was I too rash in my decision ? I can remember clearly now. I didn't even let her explain. All I felt was nothing, then anger then nothing again. What was wrong with me ? It was so unlike myself. As if it were someone else.

I'm glad I got my shit together. Because I still loved her. So help me god. I will find her.

And I'll give her time to tell me what really happened. Then we'll go from there.

...............................

Nate's pov~

I don't know how much more I can take of this. My will to keep my mind in tact is fueling it but barely. These two are giving their all to get all the information. For taking this long to extract me from this planet is definitely making my enemy even more pissed.

But my dear friend Bert. He knew coming here wouldn't be something he could handle. I could see it in his eyes. That would be hard for him. His words though few were for me to just give up.

But Vil, he took being a Authority soldier seriously. And with his voice laced with venom said...

" Even if it took a hundred years to bring you in. I would keep at it. Because I just don't like the look of you. "

And he proceeded to pummel me until he grow tired but he didn't know of the ace I had up my sleeve.

I just was biding my time before either of the two knew what was going on.

This has to work in my favor.

This chapter is almost like the battle of the minds.

Sorry for the wait but you know how it is. When you have plenty of books to update plus life roped in. It's a struggle 😫

Thanks a lot for the 14k reads. I appreciate it ❤

 I appreciate it ❤