Chapter 2

After Kushala's warning to leave his territory nergigante headed out of the strange crystal filled area and finally figured out how to fly. ' wow being able to fly around like this feels great but I better find some food' looking down he looked through the forest like area he flew to looking for anything he could eat and then nick spotted an aptonoth grazing ' I didn't really think about the fact I'd have to kill and eat things raw but I can't just starve to death' flying down he landed in front of the aptonoth which is somewhat small compared to nergigante it looks up at him and just seems paralyzed in fear ' I can't do this it can't even defend itself' deciding to look elsewhere for food nick flew up and looked for anything else he could eat however before he could find more food nick sees a large pillar of smoke that seems to be coming from some sort of settlement. 'There must be hunters over there but I can't go to them they'll probably try to kill me ugh I'll just take a nap somewhere' noticing a large cave he flew down to it and entered. He went deeper into the cave and then found a nice spot to sleep for a bit

9 hours later 10:00pm

Nick awakes to someone muttering to themselves opening his eyes he looks up at a human girl in basic hunter gear 'shit' he thinks as he quickly closes his eyes again and pretends to be asleep. ' If she's a hunter then she should want to kill me killing an elder dragon is an incredible feat and she probably could've pulled it off while I was asleep but she didn't?' Perhaps this girl wasn't a threat to him he hasn't tested his scales durability but as an elder dragon he thinks their probably pretty strong so maybe her weapon couldn't cut through it? Nick unwraps his tail from around his lying down body and lifts his head to look at the girl she just continues muttering to herself and doesn't even seem to notice. Maybe she's a little crazy He thinks. she probably cant understand me but mine as well give it a try "hello?" He says barely above a whisper she stops and looks frightened and slowly turns to look at the elder dragon before her "AHH" she screams but nick quickly takes his tail and wraps it around her mouth holding up one claw and bringing it up to his mouth to signal to her that she needs to be quiet. Nick really didn't want her to alert anyone else who may be nearby. Slowly retracting his tail back he examined the girl. She seems to be in her early twenties with bright red hair put up in a long ponytail, pale skin and beautiful bright green eyes. " hmm I guess you don't understand me?" She just looks at you confused. Ugh this is like trying to talk to a fish for fucks sake. Ok I need to think how can I talk to her maybe I can write in the dirt with my claw . Nick raises his claw and writes in the dirt what's your name?" wait? You can write that doesn't make any sense" the girl quietly says. I just roll my eyes at her and wait for an answer. "My name is Akui a hunter from the 5th fleet I just arrived in the new world yesterday. Who are you?" She asks surprisingly polite considering she's talking to a creature that could easily kill her (just assume at least for now whenever nerg is talking to a human he's writing in the dirt) " my name is nergigante now why are you here?" " I was running from a monster and noticed this cave so I decided to hide but it's still waiting out there so I can't leave." She explains. I don't really know much about the ecosystem here but normal monsters should run away from me. Deciding to help nick tells her he'll take care of it " REALLY! Thanks a lot" lifting himself up nick walks over to the entrance and sees a great Jagras. Seriously she was running from this thing? he thinks as he roars at it and watches it flee. He goes back picks up akui who yells as he does and place her outside "problem solved now do me a favor and don't anyone you saw me if all the hunters found an elder dragon was nearby they would probably try to kill me" 'not that I think they could' he thinks. " ok but uhh what's an elder dragon?" She asks. Finding it hilarious that a hunter wouldn't know what an elder dragon you can't but chuckle but it comes as a strange series of chuffs. Deciding not to answer the question nick just flies up and leaves a very confused hunter behind.

Authors note: I will be giving nick a semi human form at some point so he can communicate with people better it will make writing a bit easier too. but that won't be for a little while.