The Train Ride

Peter stared out the train window. He was going to an old tumbleweed town. He was told it would be good for him. There weren't many other people on the train. Peter wasn't surprised. Nobody would want to go to a town like this. He was told it would be good, but he didn't seem to get why. His only exposure to towns like this, was in old western movies. Those movies weren't very child friendly either. He had looked up the town beforehand, it seemed sketchy at best. He was aloud to drink there, not that he planned to. He wondered if this would be anything like the movies. He hoped so, from what Peter read, the wifi here was very slow.

Peter reached his stop. Or rather his stop before his actual stop. He had to transfer trains. His next train was due to arrive in about 10 minutes, and then he would ride for an hour and get off. He walked around the station, well, it wasn't really a station, more like a few platforms. Peter walked over to a vending machine. He spent a dollar, and got a small bag of Bugles. It wasn't really 'small', but figure half of it was air. Peter liked Bugles, he didn't understand where all the Bugle hate came from. It wouldn't have been his first choice, but all the vending machine had was Bugles. All the rows, all the columns. Peter guessed that the west liked Bugles. He went to sit down until his train came.

This train was shit compared to the other. It was terrible compared to Peter's prior train. The prior had screens, and an announcer. This one. Not so much. Think a typical old fashioned railroad train. This train was bumpy, and Peter couldn't find a comfortable sleeping position, so he went to browse the internet, only to find the train didn't have wifi, and he didn't have data. He looked out the window, at the endless expanse of land folding out before him. Eventually the train stopped and he got off.

Peter hadn't expected it to change so suddenly. There were horses, and wagons, and no cars. Maybe horses were better for terrain, but not for Peter's mentality. Peter walked to the platform exit. He was hoping to get a cab, or even rent a bike if he had to, but now he didn't know what to do. A horse wouldn't work, because he had his luggage with him. He would have to hail a wagon. Could you hail wagons? It probably didn't matter. He walked to the designated 'Wagon Station' at the station, and got a ride into town. It really did look like an old western town.