Chapter 10

Althea POV

"Family dearest. Paul might come to visit over the next few days" I tell them.

I hear a few groans from just about all my family members.

"Deal with it."

"But the smell..." Rosalie complains, nose turned up.

"I know. But still. Deal. With. It" I tell them. Paul doesn't smell bad to me, like at all. Maybe it's the soulmate thing.

"Do you know when he is coming?" Esme asks "I might make him something to eat."

"Um, I'm not sure. He was reluctant to come here. He wants me to go to the reservation instead." I tell them.

"But then you got angry" Edward says, chuckling.

I glare at him again.

"Ooh. Paul met the beast that is Althea Cullen today" Emmett jokes.

"I kept my cool, just ask dad" I tell them defensively, raising my hands. They know my reaction when someone pissed me off. I don't hold back for anyone, especially family.

My father looked like he just ate a sour worm as everyone looked at him to answer, "She somewhat 'kept her cool'," my father replies, trying to sound diplomatic.

My father looks at me, "What, you did give Paul the cold shoulder"

"The poor man" Rosalie interjects with a snicker.

"I'm hungry" I tell them, getting up from the coach grumpily. Let them talk about me. Blah, blah, blah. I think I am moody because I'm so hungry and being away from Paul. This is frustrating.

I went to the kitchen. I made my own vegetable soup, meaning, my veggies were cooking in a pot filled with human blood. The smell attracted my family. Jasper left to go hunt with Alice. Emmett, Rose and Esme came to sit with me as I made my soup.

"That's disgusting" Esme says.

"I know. But it's delicious" I reply. My cravings are strong today. I knew this was going to happen. It always happens when I have been injured; my cravings become stronger for human blood especially and I have acted on those instincts before when I was younger, especially during my first century as a vampire. I think my body is compensating for the cell damage it went through with the foreign venom.

It's nearly nightfall and I haven't heard from Paul yet. I sigh disappointed, eating my bloody soup.

Paul POV

I was so angry with Althea. I understand she is my imprint, but she is also a bloodsucker. She is one of them. I know she is different and I want her in my life. This is difficult for me. I can accept her, I don't know about her family though.

I don't want her around those other bloodsuckers. This is driving me crazy.

I have to go see her, but I don't want to go onto Cullen land.

"Argh" I yell out frustrated and I phase.

'Paul, man, what's got you angry?' Jared asks.

'Why did it have to be her? I am worse than Jacob with Bella. I made fun of her and Jacob. Bella is the leech-lover. Now look at me, I am the leech-lover'

'Yeah, that's ironic. Suck it up' Leah falls into the conversation.

'Shut up Leah!'

'Whatever Paul' Leah says, trotting away.

'I have to see her. I can't take this anymore,' I think, running towards the Cullens'.