Chapter 12

Paul POV

"I found my father around 1793. Over a century after my change. An old friend of Johnathan told him that my father stayed with the Volturi, a strong coven of vampires for a few years and that after decades living with them, he decided to come to the new world. I found him hours before he left by ship to come here actually. He didn't remember me at first" she says.

"Wait, he forgot about you?!" I say shocked, interrupting her again.

"Yes he did. It's one of the things that most vampires lose when they change. Their memories become vague. They remember snippets of the past. It's hazy for my father. Vampires mostly remember their change" she tells me.

"That's just sad. What about you? Do you have the same problem?" I ask her curiously.

"No, I remember things pretty well. Sometimes I wish that I was normal so that I didn't have to remember all these things. It's painful"

"What happened when you found him? Your father I mean?"

"He was shocked to say the least. We got along swimmingly. I told him about my ability and what happened with my change. I stayed with him for years before I travelled again. I travelled to South America. I explored ancient ruins. I'll show you some of my finding when I have the time. I am currently trying to write a book of all the supernatural creatures in the world. Just don't tell anyone yet. My family doesn't know either. Anyhoo, my father was disappointed to see me leave, but he got used to it. Sometimes he travelled with me. He really is a supportive father and I am grateful for him in my life" she says with a smile.

"He doesn't seem so bad to me either for a leech" I tell her.

"Yeah, yeah. But call him a leech again and I'll take you down. My father really is great, especially with all the things he's had to deal with concerning me alone" she says with a smirk. 'Challenge accepted' I think, before realizing that maybe it's not such a good idea to antagonize my imprint on the first sort-of date.

"What did your father have to deal with then?" I ask curiously.

"A few things really, but one of the things are when my father got the shock of his life when I came home one day, bloodied. I was attacked by some sort of creature in the woods of a small town. I heard the stories of the beast in the woods and I was curious of course and I headed in. I am not sure what sort of creature it was, but I knew it couldn't see well and had amazing hearing. It lived in the woods and fed off of the wildlife from what I could gather. It would maim those who entered on its domain. And when I came onto its territory it attacked. It had no idea that I would survive. I went home injured and that's when my father saw me for the first time in such a state as you saw me a few days ago. He didn't let me out of his sight for weeks. But I tracked it down again. And I followed it around, learning all I could of it. It was hairy, big, reddish-brown eyes, face like a canine and had claws that looked like it was attached to human fingers. It wasn't as fast as the average vampire. Turns out, this creature had no idea what it was either because I followed it around and after a week, it changed into a man, who was confused, who didn't know where he was. I approached him cautiously and questioned him. I told him what I saw he was. He said that he lost time, weeks at a time and that no one in his village knew where he was. He always used the excuse that he was trading. He was afraid of all the terrible things he had done. I visited him often in those woods, and then one day, he was gone. Not a trace to be found of him. It was really strange.

I told my father eventually, who was pissed that I risked my life like this, especially that I had no idea what this person was. But my father never tried to stop me from travelling and exploring the world, no matter how many times I could see he wanted to stop me"