Chapter 11

Paul POV

She looks at me with those beautiful green eyes and starts to speak.

"I guess I should start then" She says and takes a deep breath in. "I was born in the year 1655. Carlisle is my biological father. He married my mother when they were both around fifteen. But when I was really young, practically a baby, my mother died. I don't remember much of her, just that my grandfather disapproved of the union between my parents. I was around eight when everything really stared going downhill. You see my grandfather was a Pastor, and my father was to follow in his footsteps" she says, and I stop her before she could continue.

"Wait. Carlisle came from a Christian family?" I ask amused.

"Indeed. And so do I" she states with a role of her eyes.

"It's just funny that he is a vampire now. It's a bit weird to imagine" I tell her.

"Yes, yes. And I was also a good Christian girl. I prayed often. Went to church often and all that jazz. Can I continue now?" she asks, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, sorry for interrupting" I tell her, chuckling.

"So as I was saying, my grandfather and father led raids to hunt for the supernatural creatures in London at that time. They were highly regarded members of the community at the time. My grandfather couldn't go as often due to his age, and so my father carried the mantle so to speak. He led a raid one night and I followed. That was the night I witnessed my father get turned into a vampire. It was gruesome. Once the vampire who attacked my father left, I ran to him from my hidden spot. He was horrified that I was there even in his pain induced state. He begged me to leave but refused. I helped my father to find shelter and I then left. My grandfather kept a close eye on me after my father disappeared and once I could finally look for my father again a few days later, he was gone. I didn't know what had happened to him. I had this feeling that he was still alive though" she says, and I raise my hand like a school child.

"Yes?" she asks.

"How old were you when this happened?" I ask, thinking that maybe she was already twelve years old or older.

"I was eight" she responds. I stare at her in shock.

"Eight? Man, you were really young" I state.

"Why didn't you go to your grandfather for help then?" I ask. 'Normally kids would go to responsible adults for help?'

"My grandfather was a religious man. He would've burned my father at the stake if I had brought my father to his attention" she says.

"Oh" I reply. A part of me thinking, 'Maybe it would've been better had her grandfather burn him at the stake. He is a vampire now' and another part thinking, 'My poor imprint, at least she is with her father now and I might not have ever found her had this not happened'.

"Yes Oh. I didn't know where to find him. I had an idea where to look but I was too young and too scared to go looking for the coven of vampires in the London sewers. And when I was eleven years old, my life changed forever. It was 1666, I don't know if you have ever heard of the Great London fire during this time period, but it was one of the worst things that have happened in London?" I shake my head, history not being my strong suit.

"Well, a tragedy struck London and thousands of people lost their lives and homes in 1666 as the Great Fire ravaged the city. But I survived through a miracle, I discovered this at eleven years old that I healed incredibly fast. I thought it was witchcraft and a curse was placed upon me. I kept this secret in fear of my own family. My grandfather's church burned down as well, and I was inside cleaning the pews as it happened. One of the beams fell on my arm and it broke. I remember crying out in pain. It was awful. The fire spread quickly and I tried to escape but the fire was everywhere, I couldn't find the exit and the smoke was entering my lungs. I was suffocating and I felt the fire on my skin. I died" She says emotionally. My heart clenched at what she had to go through at eleven years old. I take her hand in mine.