Crush

Created last Feb 15, 2017. Found this in the pile of unpublished story in my watty account so I decided to publish it since I enjoyed rereadig it 😂 memories

It was same like any other day. Me, frantically speeding to reach the second level of the huge school building. My hair still messy, shoes untied and a bundle of maze uniform. Unfortunately, this day, luck wasn't on my side. Our first period was the very tyrannical terror instructor. If I was in a highway driving my car, I would be already caught and jailed for over speeding.

I was about to take a turn and take a huge step in the approaching endless stairs to inferno when I had to abruptly stop and step for my break before I put someone to hospital bed and be arrested for attempted murder, well, that was basically just an exaggeration. I held my knees and gasp for air before confronting the obstruct of my emergency voyage to escape the place of torment, when I finally caught my breathing rhythm. I quickly raised my head to apologize when my jaw dropped open and my eyes widened when I become conscious of the tall, young man in front of me.

"Hey! Were you in a hurry? Sorry if I was in the way"

I was too stunned to utter a word. Strangely, he looks like an anime bishie,... no... more like a royal prince as his sweat sluggishly fell in his cheeks and glitters in the small ray of light. I was forced back to reality when a ball suddenly bang into my face. I touched my reddened forehead and glared at the group of players at his back. He gave me a shy, apologetic smile in behalf of his friends' clumsiness which made my heart race like an over speeding automobile.

He was about to open his mouth when I realized my horrifying teacher is going to assassinate not only my physical body but also my soul. The horror of being buried in grave alive sends a cold chill in my trembling body. I'm too young to be tormented in the middle of the broad daylight. Without thinking any further I rushed back to the unfinished journey of mine to hell.

In a flash, I was already holding the door knob to my tomb. Then a memory of a young man I just met a minute ago flashed in my mourning soul. I wished I had known his name, he's the only person who made the worms in my tummy fly like a beautiful butterfly, he's the only person who can freeze my whole body with just his alluring smile and he's the only person who had captured my eyes with his dark, mysterious brownish eyes. I was held captive in his enchanted spell, I became the prey of a predator and there was no escape.

I slowly tilted the knob, preparing myself for the worst, I shakily stepped inside the room and held my breath in receiving the endless speech before I die. But minutes passed and only a long silence filled the atmosphere. I hesitantly open my eyes and looked around. There was no monster but only my classmates tempting to hide their laughter's and giggles and dang! It made me realized the situation. I embarrassingly sat in my chair and comb my messy hair.

My mind started to drift in the emptiness. And for a moment, I realized, I had my first little crush with a stranger. I chuckled at the thought of me falling for a fine prince. It was in a short period of time but it was a very extra-ordinary, magical feeling. 'Crush' is a little word but once you're captured, you can never escape. Crush is a magic that can give you the most powerful, horrifying and life changing spell; LOVE. And its only a matter of battle of will...... Will you fall? Or Will you pay? I wish one day I meet that fine man again and know his name.