Hospital

Richard's POV

I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep. Not when my little girl might never wake up. But I can't think that way. I have to be strong for her.

It's the worst thing that can happen to a parent. Seeing their baby unconscious, in a coma.

I've never liked hospitals and I hate seeing Evie here. I'd do anything to get her out of here, but being here is the only thing that might help her.

I can't lose her.

I lost my wife, and Evie her mother, 3 years ago. It's been tough for both of us. At first Evie couldn't even go to school, because she fell into a severe depression and she couldn't even get herself to get out of bed, let alone go to school.

If she doesn't wake up soon, I'll go crazy, and if she doesn't wake up at all, I'll have nothing and no one to live for.
I do have other family members as well, but I just can't lose Evie. She's my baby.

---------------------------------------------------------

I looked at her. She looks so peaceful. I haven't seen her that way in a long time. I stroked her face and a tear, that I didn't know was there, escaped my eye.

Then the doctor walked in, so I got up from the chair, shook his hand and greeted him.

"Good morning, Doctor."

"Good morning, Mr Cooper." he replied, "How are you?"

"Well, I've obviously been better. But I know you'll do everything you can, to help my baby." I said, trying to smile.

He smiled back and nodded, "That's right, sir."

"So, what I came to tell you is that we'll take Evangeline for a few MRI's and maybe other scans, so we can figure out what's going on with her. We tested her blood and there is no trace of any drug or alcohol in it. So you don't have to worry about that.
But the fact that we didn't find any of those, means that something is wrong with her physically, maybe even with her brain." He inhaled and waited for me to process all this information and try to make sense of it all.

After about 2 minutes, I nodded and said, "Okay, you do that... I'm guessing that since you're taking her to do some tests, that means I don't come along." I said and he nodded.

"That's right. We have your phone number already, so if there's any kind of emergency, we can call you right away."

"Alright, thank you, doctor." I said, then looked at my daughter.
"Everything's going to be okay, Evie. I promise... I love you baby girl."

After that three nurses came and took Evie away.

This is going to be a long day...