The letters

"I'm sorry I was such a dick"

"Well juggie, it's not everyday you get to confront the girl who's been hurting you for this long" Betty sighed as they sat on the porch.

"You've never hurt me Betty, but it was painful to see you so upset over him" Jughead nodded towards the house next door.

"You know, I always had this impression, that everyone wants me to be perfect and have the perfect life and everything goes along with it, and guess what, nobody cares" Betty laughed, genuine laughter because it was laughable how naive she had been for all this time.

"So I have an idea?" Jughead said tentatively.

"Go on..."

"Do you have any idea where we go from here?" Jughead asked.

"Not a clue" Betty replied honestly.

"So write me a letter, and tell my everything you felt in the moment you found out, and I'll do the same, you don't ever even have to open it, and I might never open mine, but writing is such a therapeutic way to clear your mind, and it might put ours at rest, you know at least for a while" Jughead tilted his head, half a smirk playing on his lips.

"And you won't laugh at me?" Betty reasoned.

"Why would I laugh at you?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well every time I try to get emotional with Archie he tells me I'm being stupid" Betty trailed off.

"Your not stupid Betty" Jughead frowned.

"I know, so are you gonna get out of my neighbour hood so I can break up with my boyfriend?" Betty laughed nudging Jugheads arm playfully with her elbow.

"Good luck with that" Jughead laughed.

"What about your space?" Betty asked standing in front of him.

"I just can't leave you alone" he smirked.

And with those words, something resonated in Betty and a blush creeped onto her cheeks, and choking back a smile she looked to the ground awkwardly nodding.

"I'll see you soon Jughead" she smirked, biting her lip and prying her eyes away from the beanie wearing boy in the leather jacket strolling down her driveway, stealing a glance at her as he disappeared around the corner.

"You and Jughead getting close again I see?" Betty mom stood in the porch door way, leaning on the door frame, her arms crossed with a cup of hot tea in one hand.

"He said he can't leave me alone" Betty said mindlessly.

"He has never been able to" Mrs Cooper laughed.

"Anyway mom, besides the point, what's for dinner?" Betty smiled as her and her mother walked back in to the house.

"So what's the occasion, Mrs Cooper?" Archie asked as he folded his napkin in his lap and began to eat what food was on his plate, which Betty had ensured her mother didn't spit in.

"Oh no occasion, I just thought we could have dinner, we haven't done that in a while" Betty vaguely smiled at him.

"Because He never shows up" Betty's mother mumbled and Betty shot her mother a violent, yet slightly amused look. And they ate in silence, Betty avoiding the inevitability of breaking up with Archie, and wondering how hard she had to run at the wall to run through it and leave a Betty shaped hole as you would see in the cartoons. And she got restless looking at the clock, eyeing every exit, watching her mother stare him down, watching her mother raise her eyebrows at her every time Archie spoke. And she wasn't interested in anything he had to say, neither was Betty, and it mostly consisted of small talk, and the atmosphere was colder than Pops in the middle of winter, and it made Betty somewhat smug that Archie was uncomfortable, given the dramatic irony of it all, it made her smile,  two out of the three people in the room knew what was going to happen, yet the one who it concerned the most was oblivious, and Betty put it all simply down to karma.