The Contract

No feelings.

No family.

No telling.

No babies.

No dating.

NO FALLING FOR EACHOTHER.

In Betty's opinion, this sounded like a fair contract, and of course, she would have a contract written up, and this didn't phase Jughead one bit, he expected it the second the deal had been made.

"No telling?" Jughead asked.

"Yeah, its kind of hard to explain, plus its private between us y'know." Betty said biting the pencil she was using to scribble down last minute terms onto the receipt she found on his bedroom floor that they were now using as their "contract". She had been at Jugheads trailer for 6 hours now, her mom was none the wiser, assuming she was at Veronica's. So she sat on his lap where he was sat at the kitchen table, his arm snaked around her waist supporting her, whilst the other rested on the table, were he snatched the contract out of her hand to review it once more.

"So people would assume you're-" he was going to say single, but that was the whole point of this, no complications, no relationship, so instead he said... "available, not seeing anyone I mean" Jughead raised his eyebrows at her. She slightly smirked at the way he held her tighter saying this, she sensed a teeny tiny bit of territorial jealousy, so she snatched the receipt/contract and scribbled down another term.

No seeing other people.

And they were both happy with this, after all, they both agreed that a relationship wouldn't work. But that's because Jughead is absolutely terrified of letting her down one way or another, and Betty knew this, and she wanted him, so she settled for it.

"If were not telling anybody, that means people are going to be slightly suspicious when we start to spend a considerable amount of time together, and I know you work on Mondays and Tuesdays, and on Wednesdays I have my internship, and Friday and Saturday is my Historical Lit classes, so you have me Thursday and sunday" Betty said her arm wrapped around his shoulders playing with the tufts of hair at the nape of his neck.

"Betty, I wouldn't call it work, I go into the bar a few hours a week to make sure no ones been arrested, everyone's alive, especially fangs and sweetpea" jughead snorted.

"So, Mondays and Tuesdays, feel free to see me whenever you want, as long as you text me first" Betty laughed, but something in the back of her mind was nagging at her, telling her that however fun this is, its gonna have the same result. Even being with him right now, doing something as silly as forming a contract, she was the happiest she had ever been. Regardless of what they called it, relationship, friendship with pleasurable benefits, it was still going to leave them both broken hearted. This was Bettys number one problem, even when deep in her heart she wanted something, she always did know when she was doing something wrong. Maybe it was her mothers fault, for raising Betty to be so honest, and maybe it was Veronicas for telling her time and time again that she was a woman, and women do not keep quiet about how they were feeling, and maybe it was her fault. Her fault for not being brave enough to tell Jughead yesterday that she wanted him.

"Betts?" Jugheads voice pulled her back from somewhere far, far away from this little trailer.

"I have just realised we are making things too complicated by even having a contract in the first place Jug" Betty laughed.

"Well, what are you saying?" Jughead smirked.

"I'm saying we are having sex, not signing a prenup, who cares about who knows, all they're gonna think is oh there goes Betty and Jughead, everyone already thinks we've been boning for years" Betty started to laugh.