02| Male Tramp

LACY

"It's over Brian," I gritted through clenched teeth, trying to use an inside voice.

I had asked him to meet me here, in the park, because I didn't want us to blow out into a full-blown argument about this. I figured a public place would prevent him from acting like a fully-fledged psychopath.

"The fuck it is, Lacy," he yelled so loud that I jumped back in shock. My back collided with the hard, scaly bark of a tree, "This is over when I say it's over!"

I swallowed the bile rising in my throat and mustered every bit of self-confidence that I had before I said, "Oh, so I'm supposed to marry you even though you're out here being a male tramp!" My posture straightened as a sudden boost of courage and adrenaline coursed through my veins. I might be a woman but that didn't make me weak.

Hell no!

I stared Brian down until, to me, he seemed like a little ant that I could squish in between my index finger and thumb.

What did I see in the nasty rodent anyway?

Oh yes, it was the fact my parents loved that he belonged to a wealthy family and he had a fair share of wealth to his name. It matched their status. Well, fuck his wealth and fuck their status. I wasn't going to marrying a pepperoni dick just to make them happy.

I had to admit, he had his looks going for him at one stage. He was slightly taller than me with firm muscles. His eyes, a cross of green and blue with specks of brown. His hair, dark brown with bangs, and his lips, pink and very, very soft.

It was probably his looks that made me try to resolve our problems at the beginning of our so-called relationship but looks could only get him so far when his personality was worse than the stuff I would find in a trash can.

Brian stepped closer to me, closing the gap between us to just millimeters, "What did you just call me?" His gruff voice pulled me out of my thoughts and reminded me of the near-deadly situation I found myself in.

The veins on his head had now exposed themselves from hiding and twitched excessively. He was so close to me that the heat of his breath burned my skin and flames were flickering in his eyes, flames that signified the intensity of his anger.

"What did you just call me?" He yelled this time and whatever courage I thought I had ran away at that and hid like a mouse hiding from a cat.

He lifted his hand and with that I squeezed my eyes shut, nuzzling into the hard bark of the tree for comfort. I waited for the blow he was about to induce, quivering to the extent where my knees felt like it couldn't keep me standing anymore.

But nothing came...

"She called you a male tramp and by the looks of it I think she's right," I heard a rather deep, husky voice fire in my defense.

When I opened my eyes a tall figure dressed in full black was standing in front of me. From the back the man looked like, well he looked like Lucifer but right now I didn't even care if he looked homeless, I was just grateful for his presence.

"And who the fuck do you think you are?" Brian snarled and it sent chills all the way down my spine.

"I think I'm the guy with the dick here and you're the guy with the cunt. I mean, it's the only explanation as to why you would think it's fine to hit a woman," the dark figure sounded as if he were about to laugh but held it in.

"That woman is my woman so back off you son of a bitch!"

"Let me think about that," the stranger paused for a second before a cynical laugh filled the air. His cynical laugh. "No, I won't back off so why don't you walk away like the pussy you are."