15| Too Damaged

LACY

I woke up bright and early this morning while everyone else decided it would be an excellent idea to sleep in. With everything that happened this past week, I couldn't blame them. I felt that I lived a lifetime's worth of drama within a time frame of just seven days.

I didn't mind that the Smith family decided to sleep in. Being Sunday, it meant that we would all flock to Sunday mass. They never usually missed out on a service unless it happened to be a really serious situation.

I was more than happy to stay at home though. It wasn't that I didn't like Sunday morning mass but if I went then bumping into my parents and Brian would be inevitable.

Imagine that! I was actually running from the people who raised me and my fiance. I never thought in a million years that my life would turn out this way. So messed up that I was beginning to think that it was too damaged to be repaired.

Macy ignored me the entire week. It was as if I never existed. When we sat down for dinner she would speak a minimum of two words before excusing herself and heading to her room.

She made it seem as if she couldn't stand being in the same room as me. I understood her disappointment in me but now she was just being downright dramatic and today would be the day she would finally talk to me and put this all to rest.

Admittedly, I missed her. I had no one else to talk to, no one to annoy, no one to tease, I basically just had no one. It sucked that she was my only friend and once she decided to offer me the cold shoulder I became friendless!

But!

I woke up this morning with a purpose and that was to get my best friend and cousin back. I had a plan that would hopefully follow through unhitched. The way I looked at it, there were only two ways this could play out.

One way would be me burning the house down due to my less than glamorous cooking skills. If I happened to burn the entire family, including myself, down with the house then Macy would be forced to spend her entire afterlife haunting these grounds by my side.

That wasn't a half-bad idea!

The second way would be me actually succeeding to cook. If that happened then breakfast should go smoothly and I might just earn a smile from Macy.

Honestly, I would throw an entire enchilada if she would just offer me the slightest of glares. This was why she remained single! She was so stubborn and hard-headed. I was almost certain that a man would rather turn gay than put up with her.

I laughed to myself as I cracked an egg and successfully dropped it into a bowl without any pieces of eggshell falling along with it.

So far so good!

I did that to a few more eggs before whisking them until all that could be seen was a yellowish-orange liquid. Finally finding a pan, I placed it onto the stove and added some oil. I didn't raise the heat too high because I really needed to be cautious. The moment I felt the pan was hot enough I poured the liquid into the pan and quickly jolted back, using my forearm to cover my eyes as droplets of oil splattered all over the place.

Once I was done scrambling the eggs I placed them onto a plate and left them on the kitchen island. I decided to toast some chocolate-flavored pop tarts because Macy loved eating those whenever she was angry. It was either pop tarts or chocolate brownies.

Out of nowhere, the toaster flung out two burnt pop tarts. I watched as the pop tarts traveled in the air at a record speed before colliding straight into someone's face and falling onto the white tiled floor. A floor so white that it made me cringe.