BONUS CHAPTER

DYLAN

FUCK, FUCK, FUCKIDY, FUCK!

What the fuck did I get myself into?

I paced across the living room with my phone held to my ear, the continuous dial tone that I heard only infuriated me, and when Macy's voiced streamed through the speaker in the form of her voice mail I just felt like throwing the dumb device across the room. She was late, so late and I couldn't help but think that she forgot all about today.

The apartment door opened and in came Macy with Baby B following closely behind. I smiled as I took in the sight of the little girl. She hated it when I referred to her by that name around people these days, always reminding me that she was getting older and it sounded embarrassing. Rose was already more than half of Macy's height and she only turned eleven a few months ago. She was growing up way too fast and way too beautiful. That meant I'd have to deal with idiotic boys much sooner that I thought.

Macy darted straight to the kitchen, grabbing a vase, filling it with water before arranging the daisies she had bought inside it. Rose followed behind her with a bag of groceries, placing it onto the kitchen counter. Both of them worked as if I weren't even there, completely ignoring me. Quickly checking the time on my phone which indicated three in the afternoon, I made my way to the kitchen to help the duo.

"Where have you two been? I've been trying to call you," I directed my last statement to Macy who just stood there with a sheepish grin on her face.

"Oh, take a chill pill, would you. My parents are keeping Lacy really busy so she shouldn't be back until seven tonight." She said, dismissing the topic with a wave of her hand, "Rose will be staying with Sean and Dean tonight, is that right?" Her eyes shifted to Rose who gave her an eye roll. Those two still hadn't warmed up to one another and it had already been two years.

"I'd prefer it if Sean slept outside. He's super annoying," Rose groaned, exaggerating the word super for added effect which made me chuckle.

Walking over to her, I placed a chaste kiss onto her forehead, "I wish you would say that about both those boys, or even better, about all boys. Why can't you just stay with Macy or something? You know I don't trust those two. They may be my future brother-in-law but my first priority is you."

"Big brother, you worry too much. You forget that I'm a year older, there's no way I would like either of those two idiots," Rose declared, the amount of conviction in her voice still didn't put me at ease. I wanted to protect her, after everything she had been through, I wanted to prevent her from experiencing any more pain.

"Those are my cousins you're talking about," Macy warned with narrowed eyes but that was the last thing that could have bothered me.

"Age is just a number. Lacy is older than me and we still fell in love."

"You sound corny," Macy snickered, jabbing my bicep with her index finger, "but you're right, age is just a number as long as the love is there. Love can make it through anything. Hell or high water. If it's true, and if you believe, it will survive." A faint smile tugged at her lips as she stared down at the massive rock on her ring finger. Lacy and I had played our part in helping her fiance pop the question and now it was her turn to return the favor.

"Both of you remind me of lovesick puppies," Rose mumbled as she began typing furiously on that damn phone of hers. Lacy had originally been against the phone whereas I thought it would be good for her but somehow the tables turned and I just wanted to grab that phone from her to read every single chat.

Lacy always said that Rose would be in her fifties by the time I allowed her to start dating.

There was a knock at the door. Rose looked up from her phone, giving me a smile before skipping toward her bedroom. She came back with a purple backpack on her back and her phone still in her hands, "That's the driver Lacy's mom sent to pick me up. I'll see you tomorrow, good luck tonight." Her thin arms wrapped around my torso, giving me a hug.