four.

yang jeongin bang chan

I placed down the last of my many boxes and stepped back to take a look at my work. I nodded. I officially moved every box into my new apartment.

I had been living in Australia with my mother my whole life, but always went to Korea with my father on breaks. I decided it was best to just stay in Korea.

I love my mother, don't get me wrong. It's just that she was always on me about everything. She never understood me. She managed to fuel my anxiety and insomnia. Every word of disagreement that left her mouth went straight to my mental state and it wasn't helping.

She got angry when I said I didn't want to be a professional swimmer and wanted to become a music producer. That sparked almost every argument we had.

She was beyond angry when I came out to her as bisexual. Maybe the fact I wasn't fully straight lessened her anger when I informed her I was moving to Korea. Maybe she wanted me to leave.

That is something I may never know.

I looked around my cozy apartment and let a content sigh escape my lips.

The beige walls and hardwood floors were spotless and gave off a comfortable vibe.

I walked over to the box labeled 'my room' and moved it to the respected spot. I continued this process until every box was where it was needed.

The movers already put all my furniture where I asked them to, so I only needed to unpack and get groceries.

I began with my room first; placing covers and pillows on the bed, pictures where they seemed to fit best, and a circular black rug in front of the bed that matched the black covers.

I then made my way to the living room; pillows finding their way to couches, a dark gray fuzzy rug under the coffee table, a lamp on the table beside the couch, pictures and finally fairy lights that gave off a yellow hue hanging on the far wall.

It took three hours to finish unpacking everything. I wiped away the sweat that gathered on my forehead and smiled at my hard work.

A loud growl emitted from my stomach and I patted the surface, "Lets get you some food."

I grabbed my wallet and keys off the counter and slipped on my black Adidas.

I locked the door behind me and went to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited patiently for the doors to open.

The elevator let out a quiet 'ding' and the doors opened slowly.

A short girl with shoulder length, brown hair and glasses bumped into my chest. A hand flew to her mouth as she let out a squeak. "Mi- mian?" She said in an unsure voice.

I chuckled and decided she likely speaks English, "Hello."

The girl let out a sigh and placed a hand on her chest, "Thank God. I swear, every time I speak Korean I get so scared I'm going to say something wrong."

I shook my head and held my hand out, "The name's Chan, or Chris, whichever you wanna use."

The girl took my hand and shook it firmly, "Kristin. Nice to meet you. I haven't seen you around. You new here?"

I nodded and pointed behind me, "Just moved into apartment 0325."

Kristin let out an 'ah'. "Gotcha. I forgot there was a new guy. Oh- my manners. My dad owns the building so I take care of the place with him. I also own a small cafe down the street."

I tilted my head, "Kay Cafe?"

Kristin hummed and nodded, "My nickname used to be Kay, but I decided to stick with Kristin. Anyway, it was nice meeting you. If you'll excuse me, my best friend is expecting me," she leaned in and whispered, "Kat can get pretty impatient."

I laughed and waved her off, "Have fun."

She saluted me and continued her walk.

I shook my head with a chuckle. That girl is pretty dorky.

I made my way inside the elevator and clicked the button that led to the first floor.

After a couple seconds, the same dinging sound of the elevator filled the small space and I stepped out.

As I was walking out the apartment lobby, I noticed two girls standing outside the apartment complex, yelling at each other.

One had long black hair and fox-like eyes. The other was about my height and had her red hair in a messy bun.

The one with the black hair let out a groan, "I haven't been in Korea in forever and I can't just go back to my family like that, Serena!"

Serena's eyes began watering and she shot me a look. I looked down and walked away swiftly, deciding it's best if I don't interfere.

I glanced back one more time and watched how Serena had her arms wrapped around the other girl and smiled to myself, hoping that they work out whatever is happening.

I unlocked my car and hopped in. I started the engine and made my way to the grocery store, knowing that this chore will take a while.

I parked outside the grocery store and pulled out my phone, sending Jeongin a quick text.

chan hyung:
roses are red, violates are blue
you like my jokes, I like you

innie:
nice one chan hyung.
but no.

chan hyung:
you don't like my jokes? :(

innie:
nope...
I love them uwu

chan hyung:
yo. I think my heart just
combusted..

innie:
hehe good luck
with that one.

I put my hand to my chest and wiped a fake tear. He is literally so precious.

[][][]

953 words;edited.

thoughts ?

^^we been knew that chan.
y'all like how I pulled a sneaky on ya and added myself ;)

who do you think serena and the other girl are ?