thirteen.

yang jeongin bang chan

A couple weeks had passed. I was finally staying with Chan.

I made sure to visit my mother regularly.

Me and Yerin grew closer, even closer than we were as kids.

I always thought to myself 'losing Yerin and my father doesn't effect me. we were never close.'

I've realized how gravely mistaken I was.

Those memories I held with my sister were very important to me, but I pushed them back and ignored them so it wouldn't hurt so much, and it worked.

I did have many memories with my father as well, but I forced myself to believe he never cared and we were never close.

Thinking back on it, I regret a lot. If only I had let myself be free, instead of trapping my thoughts away in a cage like a bird, I might have been a bit happier and more open to life.

The reason I closed myself off from others is because I was scared I'd lose them.

I didn't let Hyunjin go because I wanted him to be with his boyfriend, I let him go so he wouldn't drop me like everyone else.

I used to think that holding on only caused more pain when you finally let go, but I was wrong.

Chan showed me that.

Chan held onto me when I needed it and he never once let go.

Now look at us.

We're happy.

That's all I could ever ask for.

Chan opened me up when I closed myself off. He never got irritated at how quiet and anxious I was. Instead, he held my hand and walked me through the dark, showing me the light in the form of love.

I sat on the park bench, the snow slowing melting away as the temperature warmed.

It seemed as if Spring wanted to arrive a bit early this year.

I looked down at the cup of coffee in my small hands, then back up to Chan who was playing with Duck in the snow.

I smiled softly at the sight of my happy boyfriend.

He looked over at me as be ruffled Duck's fur and gave a wave, as well as a dimple filled smile.

I laughed softly to myself and waved back.

Chan stood and walked to me, checking back on Duck to make sure he was following.

Chan finally reached me and held his hand out.

I grabbed it with a small smile and placed my drink down.

Chan walked over to where he previously was as he pulled me along.

He pulled his phone out his pocket and played music.

I shook my head as heat rose to my face.

Chan placed his hands on my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He pulled me closer and began swaying softly side to side, singing quietly in my ear.

A let a sigh of content escape my lips as I melted into Chan's touch.

Nothing else mattered at that time as we danced calmly in the fading winter, our breathes matching at a steady rhythm.

Chan leaned into my ear and whispered, "I love you."

I smiled as my eyes closed, "I love you, too."

Chan pulled me close, hugging me to his chest.

My hands fell from his neck and down to his chest, resting there as we shared a hug.

Chan's warm hand made it into mine, pulling me back to the bench.

I grabbed my drink and called for Duck, who came trotting to my side.

Chan clipped the leash onto his harness and we made our way back home.

Chan let Duck free once we entered our apartment.

The big dog walked to the couch, jumping up and drifting off to sleep.

I turned to Chan, "Lets make dinner."

Chan hummed at my request and placed a soft kiss on my nose, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close, "What do you want to make?"

I thought to myself for a moment, then spoke out, "I'm craving pasta."

Chan nodded, "Then how about chicken alfredo?"

I nodded, "Sounds great."

We made our way to the kitchen, pulling out ingredients for our dinner.

I grabbed a pot and began boiling water.

Chan grabbed the chicken and placed it on the cutting board, cutting it into slim pieces.

I glanced over at him and he gave me a smile, in which I returned.

We cooked without any words being said and the soft sound of music being played from Chan's phone.

Duck walked into the kitchen, looking to us and sniffing around.

I dropped a noodle to him and he ate it, looking at me for more.

I shook my head and he laid down on the floor.

Dinner was soon finished and me and Chan made our way to the small dining table.

We ate our food, small talk present, and Duck moving to under the table, hopeful of us dropping some food.

I gave him a piece of my chicken when Chan wasn't looking, smiling as Duck's tail wagged happily.

After dinner, we got ready for bed.

I snuggled into the blankets, waiting for Chan to join me.

He soon walked into the room drying his hair with a towel.

He crawled into the bed and pulled me to his chest, placing a warm kiss on my forehead.

"You look adorable in my shirt," Chan said.

I laughed and looked up at him, "You say that every time I wear one of your shirts."

Chan hummed, "'cause each and every time I find you more and more lovely. No matter how many times I see you in my shirt, it won't ever change the fact you look adorable in it."

I blushed at Chan's sweet and cheesy words.

"God- you make me fall more in love with you every single second, Bang Chan."

Chan chuckled and kissed my lips, "As do you, my little one."

[][][]

991 words; edited.

thoughts ?

ive decided to end this at 15 chapters.