nine.

yang jeongin bang chan

Weeks had gone by. Me and Chan grew closer, hanging out any chance we got.

I made regular visits to the zoo, like normal, and saw him there. We would normally take Duck to the park and just talk.

The whole thing had sent a feeling of warmth through me.

I had a friend. One that I didn't want to lose. One I had undeniable feelings for.

Sometimes I got very awkward, scared he would see straight through my act of being just 'friends'.

It's hard to keep such a facade when he does things that make my heart race and my face heat up.

It was now the first official Monday of Winter. The leaves had all gone away, leaving only naked trees, shivering from the crisp air.

A glance out the window showed small, white flakes dancing in the wind, landing softly on the cold ground.

A smile made its way to my face at the thought of a blanket of snow covering the ground.

I walked to my closet, pulling out a white sweater and black jeans. I pulled on my black combat boots and wrapped a wooly scarf around my neck.

I pushed through my drawer of many beanies and scarves, grabbing a simple black beanie to help my newly dyed blonde hair stand out.

I also grabbed a couple of rings, decorating my slim fingers with them.

Chan had called me early that morning, explaining how he wanted to have a get-together with a few of his friends, including the three we spent time with at the park all those weeks ago.

I had agreed, obviously. I would take any time I could get with the older, even if that meant socializing with strangers.

I had told my mother about our plans, her agreeing fully and sending me on my way with a smile and bottle of hot chocolate.

I walked down the street, straight to the bus stop.

I slipped my phone out my back pocket, opening up my camera and examining my red nose.

I pouted slightly, putting my phone away and sipping my hot chocolate.

The bus arrived shortly and I got on, paying quickly and finding a seat.

After a while, I had arrived down the street from Chan.

I walked down the sidewalk, happy that I get to see Duck and Chan again.

No matter how many times we met, I always looked forward to seeing him again and always managed to miss him once we were no longer together.

I looked up the apartment, ready to walk in, when a slightly familiar girl walked out the building, hand intertwined with another girl.

My eyes widened in realization.

I walked to the girl swiftly and grabbed her arm, taking a closer look.

"Yerin?"

The girl's eyes narrowed at me, "I'm sorry? Do I know you?"

My sister had changed a lot. Her once short hair was now very long. She looked a lot slimmer than she was and her style was also different.

I felt a warm tear slip down my cold face. I guess I had missed her.

I missed her a lot more than I thought.

I pulled Yerin into a hug, me now being slightly taller and crouching a bit as I hugged her waist.

She froze from the contact and the other girl cleared her throat, "Okay, man. I don't know you, and neither does my girlfriend, so please get your hands off her."