Chapter 3

My eyes stayed glued to that tv as though my life depended on it. And in a way, my life really did. That tv was my only hope of knowing if my mother is alive or not. Please God, let her live.

"Ladies and gentlemen our cameras are picking up on Batman and the culprit. It seems that they are fighting. This is live footage."

After hearing that the tv turned to the fight. It was Batman and Batman alone. He didn't have any help from his "family" as the press call it. Batman was struggling with a another person. I could see the silhouette.

Suddenly Batman was kicked backwards. I assume it was a kick due to the force it had. It was a different type of force than a punch. Soon I could see the person's weapon. It was a katana. It takes skill to wield a katana.

The owner stepped out of there shadow. It was a woman of Asian decent. I would guess Japanese. It would make since a katana is a traditional Japanese weapon. She put her blade to Batman's neck.

I cringed as the tip pressed into his throat. His cowl was soon soaked with the crimson color. The woman then pulled her sword away from his neck. She still lightly enveloped in the shadows. She seemed to be holding onto something.

When she was fully out of the shadows it was clear she had a hostage. I screamed as soon as I saw who the hostage was. I heard JJ's scream of terror as well. It was my mother. I began to shake more violently than I was before. I wanted to close my eyes but I couldn't.

I looked at my mother. Her eyes showed her terror. But her expression was calm. She didn't cry or scream despite how terrified she obviously was.

The woman put her blade to my mother's neck. I could feel the blade myself pressing into my neck. As if I were there as well. My shaking increased immediately.

"The culprit now a woman has a nurse who works at this hospital. She has been identified as Teresa Crest. Our culprit seems to have to demands."

"Give me what I want and I won't hurt you."

The woman had a slight accent as she spoke. Batman was obviously confused as to what it was she could want. I looked at my mother. Her expression was still blank.

"I don't have what you want. Now let her go!" Batman shouted.

"I wasn't talking to you," the woman said.

Then after that she slit my mother's throat. The blood exploded from her. I'm screaming right now.

My vision is blurring with tears. I  know I'm screaming but it falls deaf on my ears. My tears are falling even faster than they had before. I physically feel sick. I can feel JJ's arms around me. I hear her sobs that are as loud as mine.

"The hostage has been killed."

Those words send me into a frenzy. I see Batman attack my mother's killer trying to apprehend her. But I'm moving now. I have to move. I can't sit still anymore.

I move towards my shoes. I quickly put them on. I rush towards the door. I have only one thing on my mind. I need to get to her. I need to get to Mom.

I hear JJ's shouts for me to stop. But I can't stop. Not now. Not ever. I feel the pavement against my shoes. I'm running as fast as I can. I don't know where I am. I just have one destination. I'm going to Gotham General Hospital.

I know it's fairly close enough to walk. We don't have a car and Mom can't drive. We lived quite close within walking distance. But right now I can't walk I have to run.

Time skip

I didn't stop. My legs no matter how much my legs hurt I didn't stop. I don't care that soon after my adrenaline rush faded I had to get there. And that's just what I did.