Chapter 18

After I left Cade's place, I had the brilliant idea to go to the dojo. I think instincts just kicked in and told me to go here. I always felt safe here even if this is literally the most unsafe area to live in. It's weird how Gotham can make you feel safe one place and scared to death the next.

I take my time to look around the familiar surroundings. I could tell you every memory of this place that I have. The dummy in the back corner without it's head is the first time I ever tried a round house kick. It's also the first time I ever destroyed a dummy before. I really shouldn't be using this time for reminiscing. I should be using it to find Mara and end this.

Bingo.

I found Jenna's laptop. I would've thought she'd taken it with her to Japan. It's ironic isn't it. Our physco aunt is from Japan and Jenna went there as an exchange student. I starting to wish that she didn't go. I don't have have anyone else to talk to about this. I can't talk to Uncle Ted because he's being held against his will with Mara. My so called "family" wouldn't even understand my feelings at all. I can't talk to JJ or Cade because they also wouldn't get it. The only person who would is Jenna and Mom. And one of them is six feet under the ground and the other is miles away.

I open the laptop and type in the password. It's a simple password. It's the name of Jenna's girlfriend. The password really doesn't matter. What does matter is that I find Mara.

I know at some point Bruce would have put a tracker on her. But I doubt that Mara wouldn't notice it. Unless she wants me to find her. Which I know she does so she can get what she came for. So she would have kept the tracker hoping that I would try to follow Batman to find her. What she doesn't know is about the fight and that Batman would probably care to find me more than her. Which gives me an advantage. That's kinda messed up if you think to long about it.

I get to work on tracker Mara. It shouldn't be too hard to hack into the Batcave. Which is ultimately going to reveal my location. At this point I don't care if I reveal myself. I just have to end this before Mara gets what she wants. Cause sooner or later she will. I doubt she wants to be waiting anymore.

Outside POV

The only thing Bruce needs is to see the location. It doesn't matter that Alex is hacking into the Bat computer. All that matters is that he finds her.

It doesn't take long for him to be in the Bat mobile. It doesn't take long for Nightwing, Robin, and Red Hood to join in. They all know what Alex is planning. What they don't know is that Alex has inticapaited it all.

Alex's POV

I'm right. I know I'm right. As soon as I found her it went dead. She finally decided to take off the tracker. She most likely crushed it. No matter to me. I know where she is and I intend to find her. She's at Uncle Ted's place. I never would've expected her to be there. I bet Bruce didn't either. Hiding in plain sight. She's smart I'll give her that.

It pains me to do so, though. But I don't have to time for to dwell on it. I have to get out of here. No doubt that he's on his way. I have fifteen minutes to get out of here. I would have longer but there's no way the Bat mobile obeys traffic laws.

I have to move fast. I grab the closest weapon to me. Well technically I break the glass to get to the closest weapon to me. It's a katana. Perfect, the one weapon that makes me want to throw up every time I look at it. It was supposed to passed down in Grandma Karen's family. That's really the only thing I knew about Grandma Karen. Aside from the fact that she died when Mom was pregnant with me after being M. I. A. for a long time. Apparently it brought together all of the siblings. I bet that's how Mom got the list.

I look back at the laptop. I have ten minutes left. Already wasted five minutes, can't afford to waste any more. I shut the laptop even though I know it won't help. I doubt it will keep him from finding me. He's going to find and try to stop me no matter what.