Missing

I walked into the kitchen and turned to Will, Simon and Neil. They all sat on the counter and Simon poured Will a glass of water.

"You okay Will?" I asked him. He laughed.

"Honestly? No," he said truthfully. I smiled. "But, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. Went a bit too crazy on the booze." I smiled and  got a hair band from my jeans pocket and tied my hair back. I looked out of the window as the other three chatted and it was even darker than it was earlier. The fairy lights had turned off and quite a few people had left now. It was only about  10 o clock but I felt like going home already. I yawned and Simon laughed.

"Tired are you?" he asked, looking at me. I shook my head which caused him to laugh again.

"Not one bit," I lied, yawning again. Simon just shook his head and looked to Neil who was now yawning as well.

"Mate, I think we should get you home," he said to Neil. Neil just stared blankly at him and nodded slowly. "C'mon then." He stood up off of the counter and put his arm around Neil's waist, leading him out of the kitchen.

I watched them walk away, and all of a sudden it hit me that I didn't know where Jay was. Will stood up too so I think we where all set on leaving now. I grabbed Simon's shoulder and he turned to me.

"We can't leave without Jay," I pointed out. He looked genuinely scared.

"Oh, shit," he hissed, frowning heavily. That was the face he always made when he was confused or angry. I sighed heavily. I realised that I should've reacted normally and just gone home and waited to see Jay at school - but I didn't react that way at all. I felt so guilty and a small part of me was worried. Worried about Jay? I was trying to tell myself he'd be okay, but the other side of me won.

"We have to find him," I mumbled. "And if you guys don't want to, that's fine; go home and I'll find him. He's around the house somewhere." Simon nodded and took Neil again.

"We'll go," he said. "You'll find him, and, if not, he'll be at school." I nodded but didn't like the 'if not' part. Will put his hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"As much as I hate the dick, I'll help you," he said happily. This made me smile. I knew Simon cared but he had to get Neil out of that house before he fell asleep somewhere he shouldn't have.

So, after they'd left, me and Will started looking. We split up and I went into the lounge. The lights where on now and there was this weird quiet music playing. Just a few people chatting, but no Jay. So I went down the hallway and back out into the garden. As much as I didn't want to I walked up and down the dark, empty garden, calling for Jay hopelessly.

So, going back indoors, I bumped into Will in the kitchen. I looked at him hopefully.

"Nothing upstairs," he said quietly. "Sorry." My heart suddenly sank and I swallowed.

"So... He's not in the house?" I whispered. Will stared at me and we must have been making the same face. I was kind of getting scared now. "What are we going to do then?" Will shook his head.

"I suppose wait to see him at school," Will said. I shook my head.

"W-We can't just leave him here," I said, a bit in shock from how lazy Will was being about all of this. "I have to find him."

"He's not here Ella," he told me sternly. I wanted to shake his shoulders until he understood how much I (weirdly) wanted to find Jay. But I kept my distance and held it in. "Let's just go. He's probably banging some girl off down the road."

This made me feel sick. I had a feeling I'd never had before, right in my heart. I looked for something to say, but nothing came out. I'll admit - I was worried sick now. I don't want to admit it, but I hated picturing Jay with someone else. I wanted him for myself. I wanted him here. That was when I realised I was crying, so I let Will drag me out of the house and down the road.

Now I just had to wait for the dreaded Monday to come around the corner.

[AN IMPORTANT]

Okay, I just wanted to say this chapter is short, and not even good. If I want to I'll change it up tomorrow or maybe even completely, if there's anything you wanna suggest don't hesitate. Thanks for reading :)