Chapter 16

I'm woken up by the sound of the door opening.

I'd fallen asleep on the stone-cold floor with the neck of Peter's sweater pulled up over my nose; his smell comforting me.

"Hello, kitten. The Master's ordered for punishment for your escape."

I close my eyes and swallow hard, watching as a woman and man walk in. The man is here only for in the event I try to retaliate.

The woman will be delivering the punishment. She brandishes a woven leather whip, the very tip of it has metal bits clamped on it.

She doesn't have to tell me to take off my shirt and sweater. I just do it, standing up and placing my hands flat on the circular pillar in the middle of the room.

"Good girl." She aproves.

I take the first five whips fairly well, considering the added pain in my back from my wings' attempts to push out.

But then I slide down to my knees, my legs giving out after the sixth.

I stop counting after that, tears streaming down my face.

This is where the other scars came from.

The people leave once the punishment has ended and I'm left alone with my thoughts. Though my memory is limited, I am remembering things slowly.

I know now why I was soo weary of Doctor Strange. He bares some resemblance to the Master.

I don't know the Master's name. But I know him well. He calls himself my father, though I know for a fact that we aren't related. He brought me here to begin with.

I hate this place. There's so much pain, defeat, shame, and sorrow that happened inside these bare walls.

I've been provided with a small washroom in here; but with only a mirror, a toilet and a sink along with the bare necessities.

I know Peter's out there worrying about me; hopefully looking for me.

But I don't know if he'll ever find me.

Time passes by soo damned slowly. I have a clock down here that keeps time perfectly.

Lights go out at eleven and come on at eight in the morning. It's around nine p.m. when the door opens for the second time today.

I flush when I see the man who steps in. He's paid for this time with me. I know why he's here and I can't do anything to stop this from happening.

PETER'S P.O.V.

I wait impatiently as Mister Strange tries his best to locate Aster. He made me wait in another room while he casts his magic out because I was "too distracting."

And honestly I was being annoying; but I can't help it. I'm beyond worried and it's almost two days that I haven't seen or heard from Aster.

And gosh do I miss her.

"She's below ground somewhere." I turn the moment Mister Strange opens the door, giving him my full attention. "It's hard to tell where. But she's alive."

"You don't know where she is?"

He presses his lips thin and shakes his head. "Not exactly, no."

"Is she alone?" I ask, feeling disapointed.

"Nnn... not exactly."

I look up at him, confused. "What do you mean, "Not Exactly?""

"I mean that there are people there with her... but they aren't exactly on her side."

I look away again.

"Do you have an idea of where she is?" My voice is quieter now.

"I do."

My head snaps up at him as he elaborates.

"You're not gonna like hearing this."