[twen-tee-too] :: [he-loh]

Gypsy. 

‘G.’

‘My traveller girl.’

Gypsy, where are you going?

The flight from Las Vegas McCarran International to the Sydney Kingsford Smith airport is 18 hours and 24 minutes, and Gypsy specifically picks this flight because there’s a layover in the Los Angeles International Airport for two hours.

“Guess who’ll be in LA?” She asks as Willie sticks her suitcase into the trunk of Matty’s car in the parking lot of Charming. “This girl. This girl.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Willie sighs as Sissie laughs and Matty rolls his eyes. “Just be careful,” Willie implores. “Don’t need you dancing in quicksand with the devil.”

“She’s eighteen, Willie,” Sissie tuts. “She’s perfectly capable of takin’ this trip, darlin’—What do you think she’s gonna be doin’ in college?”

‘Sweets.’

‘Love.’

‘The traveller girl.’

Gypsy, why are you leaving?

Harry is leaning against the back door and he’s watching. 

“Grandpa,” she says with wide eyes and a hand on her grandfather’s shoulder, “I’ll be fine; I promise.”

Gypsy, Gypsy, Gypsy. 

Matty looks between Gypsy and her grandparents. He's come to realize just how close she is to each of them, and he’s come to realize just how much they love her and trust her and wish for her happiness. 

He’s also come to realize that Gypsy is stubborn, and she’s going to Australia he's positive only to see that boy she likes. He’s certain of it and while he thinks it’s cute; that it’s sweet she’s still got feelings for this boy he does not know, at the same time he does know intuitively that going all the way to Australia to see this lad — who does’t even know she’s coming — simply won’t work in the way she intends it to. 

But, if there’s one thing that Matty knows it’s that Gypsy has her heart set on seeing this “friend” of hers and there’s no stopping her.

Honestly, at this point, Matty truly just hopes that Gypsy comes home with with a smile and without tooth decay. 

Gypsy, Gypsy, Gypsy

__________

“You know what, if she says she’s not going down there to see him, then I like…I believe her,” Justin said to Matty and Harry the night after they ‘helped’ Gypsy pack her bags. “I mean, it’s Gypsy,” he continued, as both Matty and Harry remained silent. 

“Why would G lie?”

She was the most honest, vocal person he thought he knew. She was really very quick to speak her mind and share her (very tumultuous) feelings, so what would make things any different, now?

Justin shrugged a jean-clad shoulder. He remembers very distinctly the day that they met and the night they shared over Absolut with Ed. 

“I dunno,” he said, because he has not forgotten how disappointed she seemed to be missing Australia with her best friends. “I’ve got no reason not to believe her.”