The Firefly Incident - RichJake

Yes, the picture above was completely necessary.

The two boys pulled up to Chloe's house, particularly for her seventeenth birthday. It was a pretty big day for all of the SQUIP Squad, not only because another one of them are having a birthday, but because Chloe throws some extreme parties. Rich, however, was not as excited as the rest of the bunch. Last time he was invited to a party, a house got burned down, and the boy who was currently driving the two of them broke both of his legs. Because the evil Kermit dude was gone, Rich was determined to not let that same mistake happen once more. Jake stepped out of the car as Rich followed. They walked up to the front porch and rang the doorbell. Jake being Jake decided it would be funny to ring it about twenty times before someone opened the door. A grumpy-looking Jeremy showed himself.

"Already started making out with your boyfriend before anyone showed up?" Rich asked, wiggling his eyebrows slightly as to try to remove the anxiety bubbling up inside his stomach. "Yes." Jeremy replied blatantly. "Now come in, I'm not waiting all day to go back to Michael." As soon as Rich and Jake stepped inside the house, Jeremy ran off and slammed a door that lead into Chloe's guest room. "Wow, he isn't wasting any time." Chloe said from beside the two, causing Jake to jump slightly. "Oh, hey Chloe- uh, happy birthday!" Rich said, faking a grin. Yeah sure, he was happy to be there, but still extremely awkward. Chloe smiled and waved them off, closing the front door. "Jerry was obviously too lazy to close the door before running back to his 'mahal ko'" she said, making air quotes with his fingers.

Once the pair had gotten settled, Jake with his legs sprawled out across the couch and Rich laying upside-down with his head facing forward (totally not letting all the blood rush to his head), they heard another knock at the door. Another groan sounded from the spare room as Michael bursted out through the door with his hair messy and his sweater unevenly sitting on his shoulders. Rich snorted. He watched as the taller male opened the door, doing a much better job at being polite than Jeremy. Brooke, along with Christine and Jenna, stepped into the room and happily bounced over to the living room. Christine looked around at everyone before snatching a handful of Doritos from a bowl on the coffee table. Jenna saw this action and simply shook her head. Brooke grabbed the remote from underneath Rich's head and almost completely ignored him. "Hey, Bitchard." She said, turning on the TV and immediately going into Netflix. "Sup, asshole." Rich replied.

After about half an hour, Rich sitting normally again while Jenna tried desperately to distract everyone from the sounds coming from the spare room, Jeremy and Michael finally came out from the spare room. Michael held onto Jeremy's arm as if he couldn't walk (which, by the way, he couldn't) as Jeremy looked completely fresh and ready to start the day. Everyone in the group was obviously holding back laughter. "Hey, wanna watch The Umbrella Academy?" Brooke suggested. "Yes! I've watched it-" "I'VE WATCHED THE FIRST SEASON TEN TIMES- I spent a hundred hours on that show." Rich cut Christine off, causing everyone to burst out in laughter. "Seriously! The whole first season is ten hours! Ten times ten..." his voice slowly got quieter as he realized everyone else got quiet as well, staring at Rich like he had butter slathered on his face.

"W-what?" Rich asked, getting anxious about all the people staring at him. He looked over beside him to see Jake, smiling while holding a jar with one fairly large firefly in it. "...is this what you're laughing about?" Rich asked, growing more and more confused. Jeremy sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Jake, do you want to repeat what you just said?" He asked. Jake, still smiling like an idiot, mumbled something inaudible. "What?" The short boy asked. "I named it Rich." Well, that didn't make much sense. Was he trying to be sweet or-

Brooke let out a small bit of a laugh she was holding in, only to cause everyone to burst out laughing. Rich groaned and elbowed Jake's arm. "You asshat, that was one time!" Jake pulled him into his lap, causing the short boy to squeak. "But you're adorable! Look- look at him! He's BITESIZED." Jake yelled out to everyone over their laughter, only causing them to become louder. Rich hid his face in his hands. "...jerk." He mumbled, getting off of Jake. He stood up and crossed his arms, pouting slightly. Everyone have calmed down enough by now, but Jake was still smiling widely as he stood up as well and hugged Rich. Brooke audibly 'awwed'. Rich's face turned beet red. In one swift motion, he got out of Jake's grasp, pulled him down by the shirt and kissed him roughly. Brooke gasped for effect, causing Chloe to elbow her.

Rich pushed Jake against the nearest wall, continuing to kiss him. Cheering echoed the room. "Guys? Guys you can stop now. ...guys? gUYS?!" Jenna called, covering Christine's eyes with both of her hands.

The E-

"You two are such hornballs." Jeremy snickered

"SAYS THE DUDE WHO COULDNT WAIT TO GET HOME BEFORE HE TOOK HIS BOYF'S V-CARD"

"Fair point."

okay that's the end

~Author-Chan