Chapter 3: Gucci Beans

A few days have past from when Jay and I went tobogganing. I was now working at Gucci Beans with Willow and Sierra. I was a barista, and I quite enjoyed it, the yelling peoples names, the interaction with people hoping to get a strike of inspiration for a book I could write, making the coffee and creating little designs in the whip cream and purposefully messing peoples names up to make them laugh at my supposed 'stupidity'. Of course I knew how to spell 'Aiden' and the variations there were like jeez, I am an English Major for a reason. I was currently organizing the space under the counter so that it was easier to access the materials needed to make the drinks and grab the food we served. I was placing the clean coffee pots on the left and the cleaning rags on the right top shelf, when I heard a ring above me to get my attention. I raised my hand to say that I was there.

"I'm right here, just one second as I move this pot out of the way, I will be right with you." I said before they got impatient and rang the stupid bell again, like most customer's did. I stood up dusting off my pants and said

"Okay, what can I get chya?" With that I looked up at the customer.

"Can I get a medium black coffee please? I'm in a rush" He said as he rubbed his face with his right hand out of exhaustion.

"Of course! Anything else?" I asked looking back at the register to process his order. "No, just a medium black coffee is fine thank you." out of the corner of my eye I saw him dropped his hand to his side.

"Athena?" He said curiously. I turned to look at the person the questioning voice belonged to and there stood Luca. He was wearing a dark purple button down shirt and black slacks. His curly dark brown hair was styled loosely to the side.

"Luca? What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" I asked him teasingly but inside I was freaking out a bit as I was beginning to see him everywhere I went. I had never seen him in here before yesterday, or maybe I just never noticed because we had never met. His face went a little red.

"Uh no, actually, I'm the boss at my job now, I just got promoted so I decided to get some coffee on the way there." He shrugged.

"Oh okay. Where do you work?" I asked him trying to make small talk as I made his order. " It's a privately owned company on the outskirts of town." He said looking anywhere but where I was currently standing. Hmmm. Curiousor and Curiousor, he doesn't seem to be telling the truth but who am I to ask for total honesty when he doesn't even know who I am. "you're a shit liar, but if you don't wish to tell me I won't push any further." I told him shrugging my shoulders while chuckling at his avoidance tactics.

"I, uh, I'm not, uh, how did you know?" His smirky face went a little red at my blunt statement. He was looking down now as if he were ashamed he was caught lying.

"You mean to tell me you thought you were a good liar with the whole 'refusing to look me in the eye thing' like dude who told you, you were a good liar?" I asked him nonchalantly .

"uh." he scratched at the back of his head, as he scratched the back of his head some of his muscles decided to show off, which was really kind of sexy.

"Uh my mum did" He chuckled nervously. Awe, his mum told him he was a good liar, wait bad mum, why would you tell your kid he's a good liar? He can't play poker now jeez. "Do you lose a lot at poker?" I asked him with a semi serious tone.

"Uh yea I do, how did you- oh... So that's why I lose a lot at poker. This explains so much." He chuckled shaking his head, his dark brown curls shifting out of his beautiful green eyes as he did. Awe he is so cute in a weird innocent way, with his personality, but I don't really know him, so maybe he's not that cute? His piercing green eyes were serious and intense at times, he seemed to not smile a true smile only smirks and half smiles and he seems to also have built muscle in a way that seemed to be for defense and not for personal gain. I smiled at him and handed him his coffee.