Chapter 5: Planet Fun

I walked out of the apartment building seeing Jason, I ran to him and leaped into his arms, he spun me around and squeezed me tightly.

"Hey Jayjay!" he put me down and said "Hey Tina, how was class?" I shrugged my shoulders "eh, fell asleep again, Eric said I should try Night School. I told him I really like his class. Which I do, but it would be too much of a hassle to change now, they cover different books sometimes and I don't want to have to buy a whole new list in case I can't get into the same stream." I explained. Jay nodded. We walked to his car. My phone started ringing. I looked to the phone screen. Roma. Of course. "Hang on, it's Roma." I told Jason. I answered the phone. "Hello?" I said.

"Hey! Tina! I haven't seen in you so long."

"I know Roma, I miss you guys. How's Demi, Olly and Mum?"

"Oh you know, the usual, but Olly's getting ready to pick a University and Mum keeps telling him to go into Mythology as an elective cause 'you might like it Olly'." I could feel her eye roll through the phone. I chuckled and shook my head. I looked to Jay who was focused on the road.

"Of course she is, you know you're next right? What do you have like 3 years before you get the 'Mythology talk' from mum."

"Yea yea, anyways I'm calling for 3 reasons, 1, I miss my big sister, 2, Demi's birthday is coming up and you know how she wants to go roller skating with her friends, well I was thinking, you, Olly, Mum and I could all pitch in to take her across town to the hotel with the roller rink beside it with her friends. Finally 3, Dad wants to start talking to you again."

"Okay, well I miss you to love. And yea I'm down, just text me the details and we can all go over it when I come home. Finally, Andromeda, you know I can't talk to him, not after he left us for another family. I just can't, but that doesn't mean that you can't I won't hold anything against you if you want to talk to him, I would just say be careful, I love you too much to see you hurt by him again. But, if everyone is going for a family outing and dad is included I'll go, just give me a lot of heads up. Okay love?"

I could hear Demi in the background yelling.

"What's Demi yelling about now?"

"Mum took her phone away again, I gotta go, Love you Athena, send my love to Jay and I'll send your love to Demi, Olly, and Mum okay?"

"Okay love, Bye Love you Andromeda." I hung up the phone and turned to Jay. Sighing and thinking back to my dad. There's not really a whole lot to go on there, he left. That's it really, I don't hate him, but that doesn't mean I can forgive him for the hurt he did to my family. And I normally end up sounding like a parent when I talk to him, 'I'm not mad just disappointed we weren't enough'. I leaned my arm up against the window.

"What's wrong love?" Jay asked me in his sweet voice. The kind of sweet that you can feel how much they care about a person. I sighed preparing for a slightly heavy conversation.

"Jonah wants me to talk to him again, but I don't think I can. I also don't want my opinions to be brought onto the rest of my family. Like Roma and Demi still want a relationship with him, but I think that's because they didn't see how distraught mum was when he left. But then there's Olly who just downright hates the man. I mean I understand too. He's been left to be the man of the house, the one who's supposed to take care of all of us. That's a lot and I wished he didn't feel that way because he is such a soul that hides everything when he doesn't need to. The whole subject just makes me sad, not because he left, but because of the beautifully broken paintings he left behind that he didn't know were priceless." I looked at him with a few tears in my eyes. They hadn't left their warm place in the corner of my eye yet, but they were about to.