(7)

Stepping inside the cozy home, you spot Max and Lloyd snoring in one of the cushions, Lloyd in his hand and Max lying in the tatami floor.
All was fine until you spot a stain in the tatami.
Groaning to yourself, you were frustrated at the both of them, before going into the attic and grabbing a pair of rubber gloves.
You grab your phone and check the time. 8:03 PM, you were tired, very tired.
There's been rumors around the town of a thief running about, but you doubted that. This specific town had been peaceful since the past 5 years, so you were baffled to believe that just now, a thief was stealing valuable items from your neighbors.
You made a mental note to yourself  to lock the doors later.
The doorbell rings, interrupting your train of thought.
You peek into the keyhole, inspecting whoever person wishes to come inside your home. The strawberry-blonde hair was unmistakable, you had recognized that it was your aunt, Auntie Olivia, or so you had affectionately called.
"I'm very sorry that I'm late... Is Max alright..?" Auntie Olivia asked, questioning about her son's welfare. "Yes Auntie Olivia, he's sleeping peacefully at our living room at the moment, would you like some tea, preferably, oolong?"
"Sure."

.+ 🌙 +.

The zen garden, was peaceful. Having lilies in the pots near the entrance, you switch your focus on the Bonzai tree your father tended to for the past 4 years.
"My son, Max... Did he do something unusual today..?" Auntie Olivia asked, curious.
Unusual? The only thing unusual here was part of the tatami floor was soaked in Cola! It's absolute hell for those be cleaned so you'd rather buy another, although it is expensive.
"Not at all Auntie, but he ordered from Domino's a while ago without my permission." you mutter, remembering how you had to pay for the pizza since they both have no money they carried with him.
She paused for a moment, thinking about what to say.
"Max... He's not here, is he?" she questions, earning a look of confusion from you.
"Did Max misbehave today, (Y/N)?" Auntie Olivia asks, which made you shook your head.
She sighs, relieved.
"For the past 3 months, he's been very tense and moody. Seeing him sleep peacefully sleep for the first time is... refreshing." the woman admits. You suddenly think about Lloyd, he must've dealt with Max. Poor Lloyd.

"Well, I suppose it's getting late." Auntie Olivia stood, glancing at her watch as it was currently 9 PM. You didn't notice it, neither did your aunt. Time flies, as your father said.

You and Auntie Olivia cross through the living room, as you see Lloyd standing still on a table, picking him up and placing him on your shoulder.
As Auntie Olivia hoisted Max up her shoulder, this action wakes up the latter.
"Mom!" Max said, pointing at the plastic Lego figurine at your side, "Can I keep that?!" he screeches.

You don't like where this is going.

"Sweetie no, you have plenty of those back home!" your aunt scolds.
"But mooom...!" Max screams, before being shoved inside the backseat of the car.

"Crazy kid, right?" Lloyd admits, earning a chuckle from you.