36 - Truth

"What's up with you?" Mek slumped on the sofa, shaking his wet hair.

"Mek! You're getting me wet! At least dry your hair first!" 

Mek smiled sheepishly. "Sorry." He said, running a towel through his hair. He planned the whole thing. He saw his friend moping on the sofa and wanted to get him to cheer up. "So, what's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look lost, sad, confused, at the same time, which I thought was weird. What's going on?"

"Nothing."

"That's not nothing. This is the most confused I've see you since, I don't know how long ago."

"I just have things on my mind."

"What things?"

"Nothing important."

"Come on, tell me!"

Krist remained quiet but turned to Mek. He was thinking how long he has known Mek and how much he has come to depend on him. "I'm confused. No, that's not right. I'm not confused, I know exactly how I feel and think. I just don't know what to do."

"Tell me, maybe I can help. Is it the office?"

"No."

"P'Singto then."

"How do you jump from the office to P'Singto?"

"So it is P'Singto."

Krist looked at Mek, then at the TV, staring blankly.

"Come on," Mek bumped his shoulders with Krist's "tell me."

"I'm torn."

"About?"

"About P'Singto."

"What about P'Singto?"

"Remember years ago, I was torn and sad and all that?"

"Yeah, you didn't want to leave. I assumed it wasn't because of school, that it was something else. Was it because of P'Singto too?"

"Yes."

"You know, you didn't have a choice then. You had to leave."

"Yes, I know. I just wish it was under different circumstances. I wish I did things differently."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I mean, I wouldn't have stayed. You said it earlier, I didn't have a choice. I just wouldn't have left the way I did, if I had to do it again."

"What's that got to do with what's happening now?"

"I'm thinking if I should do what I didn't have the courage and the chance to do then."

"That's to tell P'Singto how you feel?"

Krist opened his mouth, then closed it. "How did you know?"

"I've known you for years Krist. You're not the fastest on the uptake, but you're not one to dilly dally either. If you want something, you go for it. I'm sure the thing you didn't do last time has been eating at you."

"Yeah."

"You want my advice?"

"Please."

"Make a list of Pros and Cons of what would happen, or the outcome if you act on what you feel and if you don't. From there, you can see, literally, how things will turn out."

"Makes sense."

"One more question."

"Shoot."

"Is part of your dilemma that you don't know how P'Singto feels and what he will do?"

"Wasn't it always? He's not the easiest to read. Wasn't then, especially not now. I wish he'd give me a clear sign. You know I don't like acting on impulse or assuming things."

"That's part of your charm and your flaw. Take a risk. That buddy, is something to consider."

"Yeah. Thanks Mek. I don't know if you helped or not. Just, thanks, for listening."

"Any time Krist. It's not like I can go anywhere, I live here."

Krist play-punched Mek's shoulder. "Perks of you living with me then!"