Chapter 2

Adrien slept really well that night.
He felt strangely happy and excited, and even the common of his dad not coming to diner did not darken his mood. When he came back to his room, he found himself huming softly with a small smile on the face, and he thought it was the kittens that made him this joyful.
He kept coming  to see and feed the kittens as Chat Noir, but never ran into Marinette in a whole week. He didn't really mind, he was just glad to see the cats and to know that if one day he can't be there, she will.
One day, indeed, an akuma appeared and he wasn't able to go feed the little things, but he knew Marinette would. As usual, they won, but he was still worried and headed straight to the dark alley, where he found the empty bowl and the angry ball of fur. He frowned, confused and worried about Marinette. She wouldn't just leave the cats like that now that she knows he would come see them...would she ?

-Chat ? Why are you here ?

He turned to the blue haired girl, and a smile spread across his face. She was fine. She was fine and she kept coming for the kittens. A sigh he didn't even know he was holding slip through his lips as he looked at the girl with relief. He finally got up and bowed again, just like the first time and winks at her.

-Well, it's been too long since I last saw you purrincess.

She doesn't even smile at his pun and start pourring milk in the bowl. She looked worried.

-Chat, I know you just fought an akuma, I saw it in the news. You should be resting.

The boy just shrugged and watched her take care of the cats. Then it striked him.

-Why are YOU here ? The akuma just happened and it was not so far from here ! You could have gotten hurt !

Marinette sighed and stared directly in Chat's eyes.

-I know kitty, but that's exactly why I'm here. The kittens could have gotten hurt, and now I realize they can't stay here. It's not safe.

Chat is startled by the statement and his heart sinked. She was right, of course, but he will never see the kitties again, and they were a great excuse to hang out with her. An excuse to hang out with her ? What is he thinking ? He doesn't need an excuse ! He is Chat Noir !
But still, it hurted.

-The thing is, I don't know where to bring them. I mean, I could take them in my room but...

She stoped and started mumbling to herself.

-I don't know about them, but this cat right there would love to go in your room.

Marinette heads snaped right up as the boy turned red, realising what he just said. Oh god. He said that without even thinking, and he had no idea why he just said it. He stood still and proud as his face went redder and redder, unable to move a single bone, unable to even breath, as the embarrassement washed over him. Why did he say that. This is the worst thing that could ever happened. What did he do. What SHOULD he do. Maybe he could pretend this never happened ? No. Bad, very bad idea. What about-
The blue haired girl cough to bring him back to reality, herself being a pretty shade of red.

-I said, for the kittens I was more thinking of a shelter, but I don't know where there's one. And you ?

Okay, play it cool, just ignore this just happened and answer the question. Why is he even flustered about anyway ? He always throw pick up line like that.

-Oh, uhm yeah, there's one in the northern part of the city, I could take them there if you want.

She smiled warmly at him and picked up the box, standing ready to go.

-Okay, lead the way !

Somehow, he did not expected her to come with him, she is going to be much more slower, but... Well, why not, maybe along the way he will be able to make up for the worst pick up line he's ever said.
He smiled back and put his stick in his back and started to walk.