Chapter 3

That day, Adrien acted weird. Marinette couldn't really tell why, or how, but he did. He was more active and excited than usual, answering questions in class, chatting with everyone... He was basically bouncing everywhere. The class was happy for him, even if they didn't really understand why he was so happy, but they didn't bother asking. Who knows, it could darkened his mood.
But the weirdest thing of all, it was the glances he was regularly throwing at her. If their eyes met, he would just smile and wave at her before focusing on whatever he was doing. Marinette was confused and really happy. She didn't know what she did to actually get noticed by him, but whatever it was, she was awfully glad she did it.
Alya was also constantly smirking at her best friend, because of course, she noticed her crush looking at her. They didn't get to talk about it until lunch, where Marinette was captured by the brown haired girl to sat on a small table a bit far from all the others.

-So girl ! What did you do ?! He just can't put his eyes away from you !

Marinette blushed and tried to be as small as possible in her chair, distractly playing with her food.

-I didn't do anything Alya, I swear !

Alya got closer to her and put her arm around Marinette, a huge grin on her face.

-Come ON Marinette ! We both know it can't be true.

The blue haired girl looked away, embarrassed.

-I promise Alya. Nothing happened with Adrien.

Alya's eyebrows snapped right up as she went into her journalist mode.

-With Adrien ? Did something happened with someone else ?

-Well... Yeah.

Her friend started shoving food in her mouth, staring at Marinette and waiting for her to tell everything. Marinette let out a laugh at her reaction and start explaining everything to her.
She explained how she found the cats, under an heavy rain, meowing for help and scared by the water. She explained how Chat ran into her has she feed them. She explained how he kept coming and how she decided to take them to a shelter. She explained how she couldn't go with him. And she explained how she implied he could go see her if he wanted to.
Alya whistled in amazement and bumped her friend with a teasing smile.

-Well I'm waiting for you two to be set up.

Marinette chuckled and immediatly put her hopes down.

-Alya, I'm not going to date this dumb cat. He is just a friend.

-Yeah, and what about Adrien ?

The blue haired girl felt a blush creeping onto her face and she stared at her untouched food, shy and embarassed as Alya just started laughing and pulled out her phone.

-But that's a huge scoop, I got to tell Nino !

-Alya !

-What ? He is a huge Chat Noir fan, he would be thrilled to know this.

-But...

She just really didn't want the whole school to know she hanged out with Chat Noir as Marinette. It would be so annoying to be drowned with questions and maybe she would accidentally reveal she is Ladybug and everybody would know and Hawkmoth would target everyone around her and she could be akumatized and they would lose and he would take their miraculouses and it would be a DISASTER !
Alya snorted as she saw the panicked face of her friend.

-Girl, relax. I'm just sending this to Nino, he can keep a secret.

The brown haired girl leaned closer with a grin.