Tohru

Kyo pressed his lips against Tohru's and she kissed him back. It began the same way all of their kisses did; it was tender, sweet and stirred the butterflies in Tohru's stomach. Nothing in the world made Tohru feel as safe and as special as a kiss from the boy who loved her. The boy who she in return had given her own heart.

Tohru melted against Kyo's lean frame and he circled his arms around her lower back, pressing her closer. Tohru sighed against Kyo's mouth and breathed the familiar scent of grass, cinnamon, and home. Hypnotized by the concoction, Tohru curled her fingers through Kyo's hair and balancing on tiptoes, deepened the kiss. A gentle growl escaped Kyo as he parted Tohru's lips with his tongue and warily tested the waters. He tasted like cinnamon and it aroused something in Tohru she had never experienced.

The couple inched backward towards Kyo's bed and when the backs of Tohru's knees hit the mattress, she allowed Kyo to lower her onto her back. The two kissed as though fevered, tongues dancing, hands roaming, hearts pounding and bodies reacting in new ways. Tohru was unprepared for the effect she was having on Kyo and when she understood what was happening she put her hands on his chest and pushed him onto the floor.

"Tohru?" Kyo said.

It was so hot in the room, Tohru felt she were on fire and suffocating. Air. She needed fresh air.

"Tohru?" Kyo said again, gazing up at her from the floor with dilated pupils in his vermilion eyes. His chest rapidly rose and fell as he worked to steady his breath. "What's the matter?"

Tohru's eyes filled with tears when she heard his concern. "I'm so sorry, Kyo," she told him. Then she fled from the room.