Kyo

What had he done? He had no idea but it must have been something terrible to make Tohru run from him. He would be the first to admit he had done a lot of dumb shit in his lifetime. When he had first met Tohru he said a lot of mean things, hurt her feelings for no good reason but to protect himself. He had often done those things without realizing it, is that what had happened now?

Kyo looked down at the tent in his pants, loathing himself. He slammed his fist against the hardwood floor and winced as a splinter lodged itself into his skin. "Dammit," he muttered, pushing himself up off of the floor, groaning at all his discomfort.

He wanted to go after Tohru. If he could just hold her, calm her down, apologize for whatever it was he had done, he was sure everything would be alright. Then he considered the way she had looked at him after she pushed him onto the floor. Her eyes had been filled with fear before erupting into tears. Because of him.

For the first time since his curse had been broken, Kyo felt the way he had when his monster form took over. Particularly the night Master had let the monster out and Tohru had gone after him. The fear in her eyes then had shown up again only this time Kyo wasn't a monster, he was himself. Or so he thought. Had he really gotten so carried away with what they were doing that he lost control?

Tohru meant more to him than anyone ever had. Just the idea of losing her, after all, they had been through made it difficult to breathe. He needed air. Kyo opened his window and climbed out onto the roof. He sat down above Tohru's bedroom and picked at his splinter, desperately searching his memory for the moment where he screwed things up.