one

To 17-year-old Aries, the smell of gasoline was clear to her

To 17-year-old Aries, the smell of gasoline was clear to her. The events that led up to that situation was unclear to her, but she remembered her mom's dead body in the passengers' seat. Her dad was alive. He was whispering to Aries, but he couldn't turn around because of the painful angle his neck and head were in.

"Get out. Get help. I love you."

She wasn't a child at that age, but she was terrified. She wasn't sure what to do. When she tried to move, her neck had pained her, but she didn't realize it was her lungs. She did her best to crawl out of the car.

Before the events of that accident, the worst thing in her life was the fact that she didn't have a phone. Now, she really hated that fact. The only people who had phones were her parents, but they couldn't reach them.

Now, she really didn't know what to do. And when she tried to speak, she found that she couldn't. Only rasps were able to come out. She wasn't even able to tell her dad she loved her. The only way to find help was to start walking. She mindlessly walked down the road, trying to find someone who could call the police for her.

She didn't know how long it took her to find help, but it felt like hours. When she did find help, she couldn't say anything, only grab onto the person and shake them, pointing to the direction she walked from.

And when the person found her parents at the break of dawn, both of them were unconscious, seemingly dead. Then, when they arrived at the hospital, both her parents were dead and Aries was diagnosed with severe pneumothorax; the medical term for collapsed lungs.