seven

After the Ancient One refused to teach Stephen, he was kicked out, and Aries had been quietly dropping facts sometimes about why she should take him in

After the Ancient One refused to teach Stephen, he was kicked out, and Aries had been quietly dropping facts sometimes about why she should take him in. Five hours later of Stephen pleading, the Ancient One made up her mind. The Ancient One was quiet for a moment before turning to Aries who had been patiently waiting for the last five hours.

"Show Mr. Strange his room, please, Miss Tsai."

Aries bowed. "Of course."

"Don't shut me out. Open the door," Stephen whimpered.

Aries cringed in pain as she opened the door. Stephen fell onto his back as the door swung open. 

"Thank you," he whispered.

Aries pursed his lips, holding out her hand to help him up to his feet. "Come on, Stephen, let's get you cleaned up."

The two continued to hold hands as she escorted him to his room.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I... I couldn't tell you. You'd laugh. Even as children, you never believed in fairies and magic and mermaids. How was I supposed to tell you my severe pneumothorax was cured by seemingly magic?"

"I believe now. I... I see," he whispered.

"I know." She stopped walking to turn around and properly face him. "But to what extent? It took losing your hands to understand."

She turned back around and continued walking to his room. Once they arrived, Aries faced the door and opened it for him. She beckoned him to go in first. He looked around the room as Aries stood by the door.

"I'll be next door," she called out. "I'm just a knock away. Rest well, Stephen."

She turned around to leave, but he called out to her.

"Thank you, Aries, really. I... I'm fortunate enough to have you here with me."

She faintly smiled and looked over her shoulder. "You're only being nice because you're starving and desperate. Thank me again when your ego returns."

He softly chuckled. "I'll try."