fourteen

Stephen scoffed

Stephen scoffed. "No. I mean, come on, look at your face. Dormammu made you a murderer. Just how good can his kingdom be?"

Kaecilius grinned, chuckling.

"You think that's funny?" Stephen hissed.

"No. Not that. What's funny is that you've lost your sling ring," he replied.

Stephen pat his belt, turning around. Kaecilius's spear stabbed him in the torso.

"Stephen!" Aries screamed.

She reached out for him in an attempt to catch him, but a man threw them down the stairs. Aries scurried up onto her feet as quickly as she could and helped Stephen up.

"We have to go, okay? Come on. Please," she whispered.

No matter how many times she tried to help him, his legs weren't able to hold his own weight up. There was blood everywhere and it was all mostly coming from Stephen.

"Get Chris... Christine Palmer," Stephen drowsily commanded.

Aries had met Christine once. She was a nice woman who cared for about everyone. She was a talented surgeon at the Metro-General Hospital where Stephen used to work at before he got into the car accident.

"I've never really done this before, but I guess there's a time for anything," Aries muttered.

She moved her hands in front of her, curled them into fists, and attempted to open up a portal. There were sparks at first - nothing special that resembled a working portal, but then, she opened one. It didn't matter to her where the portal led her. She only hoped it was a hospital. She frantically entered the portal with Stephen leaning on her body for support.

"Help!" she called out.

A nurse rushed over to them.

"Christine Palmer. I need her - now," Aries demanded.

"But - "

"He is dying! Can't you see that? I need Christine Palmer!"

"The nurses' station!" the nurse frantically replied, moving out of the way.

"Christine!" Aries called out.

Christine turned around and gasped. "Stephen?" She rushed over to him and grabbed his other arm, helping him.

"Get me an operating room. Just you," he ordered. "Now! I don't have any time!"

Christine and Aries helped him lay down on the operating table.

"What happened?" Christine asked.

"Stabbed," he replied.

Aries slowly backed away. "I'm sorry. I just - I'll be outside. I can't - "

Stephen breathed heavily. "She can't stand the sight of blood," he whispered as Christine quickly hooked Stephen up to a heart monitor. "Especially if it's from me."