Chapter 3: Awakening

When Naruto turned six, Konan and Nagato took him to the academy to start his first day. Nagato and Konan went with Naruto to the academy, remembering fond memories. Konan was holding Naruto's hand tightly, but said blonde was squirming. Naruto spoke nervously to his mother "K-K-Kaa-chan, please let go of my hand." Konan gave a stare, which made Naruto's teeth chatter. Naruto looked pleadingly at Nagato and Nagato said "K-K-Konan-chan, I think you should let go of..." Konan then gave a killer glare to Nagato who was sweating badly. Nagato stuttered "M-Ma M-Ma Konan-chan, N-Naruto can't concentrate if he's being d-distracted by his m-mother's love." Konan blushed and let go of Naruto's hand and Naruto whispered "Thanks Tou-chan."

Naruto and his parents stopped at the entrance when they were greeted by a man with a cut on his nose. The man smiled at them and spoke "Nice to meet you and you are?" Naruto smiled brightly and exclaimed "NARUTO!" The man chuckled and said "I'm going to be your sensei, Naruto. I'm Iruka." Naruto exclaimed "Okay, Iruka sensei!" Iruka took Naruto with him to the classroom. Nagato and Konan left the academy.

Naruto entered with Iruka and the man spoke "We have a new student class." Everybody looked at Iruka. Iruka spoke "Introduce yourself." Naruto grinned and spoke "I'm Naruto Uzumaki, dattebayo! I want to become Hokage!" Everybody smiled at him. He sat down next to a raven haired boy. Naruto spoke to the boy "I'm Naruto." The boy smiled and said "I'm Sasuke Uchiha." (Uchiha Massacre has not happened yet and will begin when Naruto is eight.) "I hope we can become friends!" Sasuke nodded. They listened to Iruka. Iruka spoke "Sasuke , Who was the rival of Hashirama Senju?" Sasuke thought for a minute and said "Madara Uchiha, sensei!" Iruka continued and asked Naruto "Who was the wife of Hashirama Senju?" Naruto replied quickly "Mito Uzumaki!" Iruka spoke "Good job."

Lunch rolled around as everybody charged down to the grounds of the academy. Naruto sat down along with Sasuke. A girl came over with a three boys and a girl tagging along. They sat down with them. The girl asked Sasuke "Who's the new kid?" Naruto overheard and spoke "I'm Naruto Uzumaki, dattebayo!" The girl chuckled and spoke "Satsuki Uchiha. I am Sasuke's sister." The boy with red marks on his cheek spoke "I'm Kiba Inuzuka and this is Akamaru!" A pup yelped from the coat of Kiba's. A pink bubblegum haired girl spoke "I'm Sakura Haruno!" Another boy lazily said "I'm Shikamaru Nara." "I'm Choji Akimichi! I like barbecues!" Naruto nodded and chuckled.

The group had lots of fun sharing their food.

The year passed by and the first years were ready to take the exam to go into the second year of the academy.

Naruto nervously entered and sat down beside Satsuki. He was nervous if he failed he would disappoint his parents. The first test was the written test. He flew through in the matter of minutes. He was internally laughing at how easy it was. Then came the shuriken test.

"Uzumaki, Naruto!" His name was called and stood in front of the target. He relaxed his mind and then threw the three shurikens at the same time and it landed straight dead target.

The results of the test came in, and Naruto screamed in joy.

Hyuuga, Neji: 9/10

Hyuuga, Hinata: 8/10

Haruno, Sakura: 8/10

Yamanaka, Ino: 7/10

Nara, Shikamaru: 7/10

Uchiha, Sasuke: 9/10

Uchiha, Satsuki: 9.5/10

A voice was heard shouting "Beat ya Sasuke!" and a "Nuh Uh!" was heard.

Akimichi, Choji: 7/10

Inuzuka, Kiba: 8/10

Uzumaki, Naruto: 10/10