C1 E1; Pilot

Malia sat in her office when she heard someone enter her home. A low growl escaped her throat until a familiar scent caught her attention. "Nick, I have a door for a reason!"
"I need your help." Nick informed as he entered the office.
"What's the case this time?"
"We found a University student torn to pieces, then a little girl was abducted. You're the best tracker I know."
"Let me grab my jacket." Malia got up and grabbed her leather jacket before walking out with Nick following. Hank was stood outside, leaned against the car. "Hey Hank."
"Malia, good to see you again. Think you'll be able to help."
"We'll see."

Nick, Hank and Malia were investigating the area that the little girl, Robyn, was believed to have disappeared from. Malia was walking at the back trying to find a scent but was having no luck. She continued to try, leaving the two men to discuss the case without her. "She's supposed to cross Hunter Lane right there and then go around the park to Hildebrand." Nick informed.
"The old man's house is on the other side of the park, right?" Hank asked.
"Right. 4753 Hildebrand Road. Directly across from here."
"When I was a kid, I wouldn't have gone all the way around the park."
"Well, the mother was very specific about the route."
"Yeah, right. Kids always do what their moms tell them to do. I know I did. Come on, Nick." The trio entered the park to follow Hank's idea.
"Malia, think you'll be able to track her? This is your territory." Nick asked.
"My territory, as you put it, was the wood not a park." Malia corrected as she took the lead but stopped at a fork in the path. "Woods are a lot more dangerous than this park. But I'll see what I can do."
"I'll take this trail." Nick said going left.
"Don't stray too far." Malia ordered before following Hank. She caught a scent as Hank found a backpack. "Is that a bag?"
"Nick, I got something here!" Nick soon arrives and Hank shows him the back with the initials R.H. written on it. Malia caught another scent and followed it to find prints in the mood. "Robin Howell."
"She must have been grabbed somewhere in this area." Nick commented.
"Careful where you step." Hank warned before getting out his phone and calling the police department. "We got a crime scene in Berkeley Park. Yeah, off Hildebrand."
"Nick, I got something." Malia said.
"Hank, we got boot prints here, same kind. He took her this way." Nick followed the path until he comes out. He saw a man, Monroe, get his mail, and as kids rode by him on bikes, he morphed into a Blutbad. As Malia was behind him, Nick didn't see her eyes flash blue. "Hank, I got him!" Monroe runs into his house upon seeing Nick and is tackled into the house by Nick. "Where is she? Where is she?" Nick demands but Monroe doesn't reply. A little while later, the police arrived to search the house. Malia stood on the side line observing Monroe, something didn't seem right.

Malia walked up behind Nick who was stood outside Monroe's home. "You realise that this is wrong, right?"
"Maybe, but I need to know for sure."
"Well, let's go. He's gone to the back." Nick and Malia walked over to the house and peeked around the corner, only to find Monroe peeing. Monroe sniffed the air and finished up. He then rushed back inside. Nick noticed the lights in the house turn off and tried to sneak away, but Monroe suddenly jumped through a window on top of Nick. He's morphed, and he slammed Nick against the house. "Let him go."
"You shouldn't have come back." Monroe growled before he morphed back to normal. "Okay, okay, okay. Lighten up. I'm just making a point. Come on. Let's grab a brew. And, by the way, you're paying for that window." They all went inside to the kitchen to have a beer. "You know, I never seen one of you before. I heard about you guys all my life. Never thought I'd see one up close. A Grimm. Ha! What do you know?"
"You know about me?" Nick questioned.
"Are you kidding? My folks used to tell me stories about you guys. Scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. How long you been at this? You seem kind of new."
"Who are you?"
"Wow, you are new at this. No wonder you're hanging with a Coyote." Monroe said, making Malia stare at him in shock and pray that Nick overlooked what was said. "What, someone in your family just die?
"My aunt's in a coma."
"Ahh, that explains it. What's her name?"
"Marie Kessler."
"Oh, yeah. I heard of her. Look, I don't want any more trouble, okay? I'm not that kind of Blutbad. I don't kill anymore. I haven't in years."
"Wait. What did you say you were?"
"Blutbad. Vulgarized by your ancestors as the big bad wolf. What, did you just get the books tonight?"
"You know about the books?"
"Of course, I know about the books. We all know about the books. You people started profiling us over 200 years ago. But, as you can see, I'm not that big, and I am done with the bad thing."
"Well, how do you—"
"How do I stay good? Through a strict regimen of diet, drugs, and Pilates. I'm a reformed Blutbad. A Wieder Blutbad. It's a different church altogether."
"Wait, you guys go to church?"
"Sure. Don't you?"
"Then what she said is really happening to me. I have to stop it. How do I stop it?"
"Stop it? You can't stop it. It's who you are. So, if you just got into this, you must be seeing some pretty strange things."
"Yeah. I am."
"I guess that's why you're here."
"No, I'm here because of the little girl."
"Still haven't found her yet?"
"No. We haven't."
"Ah, look at this." Monroe sighed looking at the broken window.
"You know where she is."
"Of course, I don't know where she is. Did I not just tell you about my strict regimen?"
"So how many of you Blutbads are there?"
"First off, the plural is Blutbaden. And I don't know. We don't socialize much. Bad things happen when we get into a pack. Especially when we see red."
"So, all those things I've been seeing—"
"We're not things. Look, I'm a clockmaker, for God's sake. I don't go around abducting little girls."
"Okay, then tonight in the backyard, you were marking your territory."
"I wasn't pissing on my fence for kicks."
"Then there are more of you around here. Look, you may not know where she is, but you've got a pretty good idea who's got her."
"I don't bother the other Blutbaden, they don't bother me."
"Guess what, pal? I'm not a Blutbaden. I'm a cop. And if you know who's got her, you had better tell me right now."
"Please don't threaten me." Monroe warned.
"I want to know who's got her." Nick said after slamming him against the wall, in anger. He paused as they headed to the door. "Wait, what did you mean about me hanging with a Coyote?"
"He doesn't know, does he?" Monroe asked, looking at Malia.
"Mal, what's he talking about?"
"I'm not normal." Malia began as they headed to the car. "I was born differently. My kind are rare, only very few Grimm have seen one of us. We've had an alliance with Grimms for centuries. It won't be in the book."
"What do you look like?" Nick asked awkwardly when they were in the car.
"They have different forms." Monroe informed.
"You have different forms?" Nick quizzed.
"Kind of. It's more of a between state. I can make my claws and fangs grow without having to go full coyote."
"Have you ever gone full coyote?"
"Not since I was younger." Malia started breathing heavily and allowed her fangs to slip through. Her eyes began to glow and illuminous blue as she began to shift more. "Not since I first shifted."
"Calm her down." Monroe panickily ordered Nick.
"How am I meant to do that? I don't know anything about her type."
"Calm her down like a normal human."
"Mal, calm down." Nick quickly grabbed Malia's hand. She squeezed his hand and her growls seemed to get quieter. "Focus on me." Malia looked at him as low growls filled the car. "Malia, there is a girl in danger. I need you to calm down, so we can save her."
"I can't control it, Nick."
"What do I do?"
"I need to be free." Malia got out the car quickly, not wanting to hurt Nick. "I'll find you two." With that Malia took off leaving a worried Nick and awkward Monroe behind.