Chapter 1 - Arrival

Name: (Y/N) (L/N)
Arrival time: 3:35 AM
Arrival location: Tell-Tale-Tower
Date of Death: October 5th, 1952
Cause of Death: Drowned
Type of Demon: Maroon White-Tailed Deer

...

Tossed into the shadows, was how your after-life began.

The first thing you registered was darkness. There was a thick, black veil that shielded your eyes from everything...else.
The second thing you registered was the cold, tingly sensation that thrummed through your being. It felt raw, unharnessed and ready to kill. All the power at your fingertips, and a pressure behind your eyes that felt a bit like a light-switch. Waiting to be flicked on and off.

Shaking your head, you felt the darkness slip away, dissolving from your gaze. A whole sky of red filled your vision, spanning for miles. You shakily stood up and glanced around. Just moments ago you were drowning on the HMS Truculent.

Where am I?

Nobody answered you. Figuring you would get no answers like this, you willed the growing panic in your gut to disperse.
Stepping forward on the creaky redwood planks that supported you, a vast cityscape awaited you noisily. It looked much like the style of New York, but dirtier, and mahogany.
You looked up and discovered you were on a bell tower that stood high in the sky, overlooking the bustling city waiting below you.

It was nothing compared to the little town of Stockbridge.
Catching a look at one of the civilians down and mucking about, you watched as the small figure tackled another and pinned him to the wall.

Suppressing a gasp, you looked for an exit off the tower, lifting a hatch you spied in the wood gaps.
Rushing down the spiral staircase, you stifled a groan at the overwhelming amount of soreness in your legs and raced away to confront the attacker.
Once you reached the situation, you turned the corner to the alleyway they were in and pulled the man off the other.

As soon as your eyes met, both of you screamed.

"WHAT ARE YOU?!" You yelled, recoiling. It was some weird...bird thing, but with a humanoid figure and was also screaming.

"Please don't hurt me, O great Radio Demon!" It cried, throwing itself at your feet and trembling. You looked to the person being attacked to see that they also held a look of pure fear on their face.

Scrunching up your nose and stepping back you pinched your arm. Surely this was a dream.
Why were they animals?
"S-Sorry, who?" You stuttered, scrambling farther away. They looked at each other, confused, and darted to the back of the alleyway.

You followed suit but in a different direction, searching for more of those...things.

As it turned out, everything moving here was unique and definitely not human. There were cats, dolls, butterflies, everything! They also seemed to cower every time you approached them.

I don't know what a Radio Demon is. Why do people call me that?

Eventually, you were able to stop and rest beside a dumpster, near a bunch of posters and graffiti. Looking up, You scoped out a red deer-looking thing grinning malevolently down at you. Next to him were the words 'BEWARE: The Radio Demon appears at noon.'
It was the thing people kept calling you!

"Why do they mistake me for you? I looking nothing..." you trailed off, looking down at your...

blood red claws.

Suppressing a cry of terror, you felt around your head and down your nose. It was pointer, and looked white if you crossed your eyes.
Feeling your head, you poked confusedly at two antler-like things protruding from the temples and nearly fainted for the fifth time that day.

Your hair was in a high pony-tail, which you pulled it out of and let it gracefully fall on your shoulders. Finding a gross, murky-green puddle to look in, you discovered that you were a completely new creation—not human at all.

You were like the rest of those freaks.

Your outfit was slim and fitted to your figure, a small monocle adorning your right eye. Your eyes themselves looked bloodshot, but upon further inspection, you discovered that they were completely maroon like the rest of where-ever you found yourself in.

Eventually though, the shock of it wore off and you managed to gather a little information.

You were, in fact, in Hell. For what reason, you didn't know, but you were sure it had to do with the Korean War.

Hell had a bit of a cats and dogs dynamic going on too, and it had everything to do with the giant glowing pentagram you'd seem in the sky.

The Radio Demon was a gruesome being that recklessly tormented Hell, and he looked exactly like you with a few minor differences. His 'party' for the political 'debates' of Hell wasn't much of a party. He was more neutral, but fought just for his own purposes and loved the thrill of everything Hell had to offer. You shivered just thinking that you looked like him.

You also figured out that almost everyone in Hell didn't give a damn about anything. Absolutely nothing mattered to these people. That's why nobody rushed to help the person being attacked when you first arrived. It was all making sense, actually.

You found yourself cowering in the corner of the bell-tower you managed to find again, since it was the only familiar place you knew of.
The hum of power that tingled at your fingertips didn't let up, however. You just decided to ignore it for now, and hope that somebody else could explain what that was.

Setting your mind to work, you decided that it was better to make the most of it rather than to sulk and cry.

So, you sat up, dried your tears, and began to investigate just exactly what to do.

...

Bonjour mon amis!
Hello my friends, back again with another fan fiction woo hoo!
The first few chapters will consist of snippets of your time in Hell, and with a special someonee!
At some point, however, we will meet the rest of the crew. Don't worry people!

(1038 words)