Chapter 4 - A Plan

Two years since initial arrival in hell; 5:57 am.

It was a process, figuring out the full extent of your capabilities. And consequently, deciding what to do with them was a whole different and conflicting thing.

It was at the point where you captured a poor citizen of Hell and decided to do some...tests. In order to experiment with your new-found gifts, you blindfolded and gagged him. Mainly so you couldn't look into the poor demon's eyes and turn soft. Moral was a thing of the past in Hell, and guilt wasn't something one wanted to cling to.

You, of course, never wanted to lose your sanity but one didn't have a choice when it was kill or be killed. Among the criminals and murderers, you needed to do one thing. Survive.

At least, that's what you told yourself when hearing the screams of your little lab-rat in your dreams. Keeping you up into the long, long hours of dawn.
It wasn't pleasant, that was obvious, but it needed to be done.

Anyways, through extensive trial and error, you had come up with a definitive answer to what you could do.
And it was positively terrifying.

Rather than the destructive and tumultuous abilities of The Radio Demon, you had the ability to control people's nerves or pain receptors. 

Like mind control, but much more painful.

You gave a cruel smirk to the mirror you stared in to test out how it looked on you. The smug thing wasn't working, you decided.
You frowned sadly and turned away from the reflective glass that would most-likely never show your true...er...self.

I'm a monster now.

You sighed and played with the ruby necklace around your neck. Maybe it was time to 'come out' to the public. But the question that always nagged your mind was how? And were you indeed more powerful than The Radio Demon?

Now, it's all of Hell that'll know my name.

You couldn't lie to yourself, the fact that just the mere glance in someone's direction would send them fleeing for Heaven made you a little proud.
And that's what Hell seemed to do to everyone; twist and mutilate the purest person and turn them into the worst version of themselves.

This pathetic pit of despair has the ability to change people. And it changed me, too. 

The recollection of your previous state of mind now seemed so foreign to you. It was a nebulous concept, the concept of change. Grouchily narrowing your eyes into a glare, you exhaled and pinched the bridge of your nose.

You sighed and leaned against the dresser. For a place with no laws and no order--where anyone could do anything they wanted--, things were certainly stressful.
Inspecting your hands again, you decided that maybe it was time for the big reveal. But how?
You'd mostly been trying to keep it on the down-low until you were able to actually or control them, but hiding away in a hotel room was driving you insane!

Your mind, for a moment, flashed back to that day behind the bar. You hadn't seen The Radio Demon since, and perhaps now after whatever you'd plan to do, he would recognize you as a threat. He had to. What were his powers again? Nobody quite knew. You'd seen the destruction he caused, and you could replicate it with the flick of your ear. And in a whole lot cleaner fashion, too.

You growled to yourself, shaking your head and staring at yourself in the mirror.
Am I really seeking his approval?

You stood up and patted your lap definitively. Sighing you stepped over the junk that was scattered on the floor and headed for the room you'd stashed your test-ee in. Ripping off the demons blindfold, your heart recoiled at the sight of his broken eyes. The duct tape on his mouth was peeling off, he was licking it.