Gringott's Bank

"Lord Malfoy, what can I do for you?" A rough voice questioned Lucious.

    When Garron looked up at the figure he discovered the voice was attached to a very grotesque creature. But, no one here looked to be surprised at the creature's appearance. He shouldn't look surprised either, it would give his entire facade away. That couldn't happen. Garron made sure to school his face into that of a scared child once again and masked his awe at what he saw before him. Looking around, there were hundreds of these creatures milling about the bank.Garron watched as paper birds flew from one teller to the next, flying into the faulted ceilings that could hold a dragon and then have room to spare.

All of the patrons of the bank seemed to be dressed similarly to Lucius and the boy, some even were waving sticks about. Wands. Garron's eyes flew from one thing to the next, his mind was a constant stream of information, saving it all for later use. After all, it doesn't hurt to be well informed on every subject you can be. And those you can't, you only need a few tidbits to seem knowledgeable.

Lucius moved closer to the creature, his posture was regal and he took large strides with his shoulders back and his head tall. Garron watched closely, trying to emulate the man before him.Lucius squared himself before the teller and spoke, "I am here to request a blood hereditary test to be performed on this child here, DragonKin is our family's consultant if you would please collect him for us." His voice rang through the bank as the entire floor went dead silent at his first words. Lucius Malfoy. Garron rolled the name around in his mouth, it fit the cold man, he thought.

The creature sneered at Lucius, "As you wish Lord Malfoy."

"Goblins are nasty things aren't they!" Lucius's child spoke from behind Garron's left shoulder. He wasn't surprised at his close proximity. Children his age were more inclined to be lacking in personal space. Garron processed what the miniature Lucius said in mere seconds. Goblins. It all made sense if one were to follow the logic of this place. If magic existed then surely magical creatures did. He needed to be on guard for more of them. He also needed to figure out his plan for this test they planned on him.

Naturally, it would come up with his real paternity. He would bet money that he would have some magical lineage, but his lie for crossing with the Malfoy's was hinged on the fact that he lost his mother. So what does he say. He was kidnapped as a child. Yes that could work, being torn away from one's parents at such a young age would ensure that the child viewed the thief as a parent. But then that begs the question of who would be his kindnapper. Perhaps a crazed woman who lost her own child and snatched him up to make up for it. Yes. That could work. But what of a name? If these people had hereditary tests then they surely could find records of anyone. He would say he didn't know her name, only give a description. That would fix the issue just as well, they couldn't hunt a woman that had no name.

The second lie his story hinged on was the mysterious man. That could be just as easily solved. An accomplice, that Garron had never met before. And he ran from him because he'd been detached from his "mother" and this accomplice had tried to reign him back in. Perfect. He was sure that the Malfoy's would feel honor bound to take care of a poor child. If they didn't, it would surely dampen their reputation. Garron had thought this all up in a matter of  a few minutes. Briefly, Garron thought about Keerin. he would miss the snake. But, emotions are fleeting. Give him a day and that annoying little pinch of guilt would be gone.He would however, miss his power over the idiots. Garron doubted he could set mini-Lucius's precious things on fire without some modicum of retaliation.

The trio moved down a hallway and into a private room where they were treated by another goblin. This one was dressed in emerald robes and stood at about half of Garron's height. His features looked gnarled and deeply scarred, like from a war long past. The goblin, he assumed was DragonKin, spoke out loud and crisp words.

"You are here for the hereditary test, Lord Malfoy? To be performed on this child, I presume. The test will cost 50 galleons, though I am sure the cost will not matter to you." The words rasped out of him in a crisp, clear manner. Lucius nodded his head and the goblin reached for Garron's wrist. Mentally, he prepared himself for the touch and steeled himself not to jerk away. The goblin reached for a piece of parchment and held his wrist on top of it. The glean of a sharpened dagger flashed from the corner of Garron's eye and he sucked in a gasp through his nose. He forced himself to relax. Holding his breath, as he watched the knife drag itself along his palm, deep red pooled against his porcelain skin. Slowly, the red dripped onto the parchment and the page came to life. Lucius grasped his wrist and with a wave of his wand, the cut stitched itself together, looking as if there had never been a cut in the first place.

Words bled onto the parchment and Lucius lost all sense of decorum at what it said.

"Hadrian James Potter
Son to James Potter and Lily Potter née Evans.
Godson to Sirius Orion Black and Alice Longbottom
First Generation Pureblood"

    What followed was a list of relatives followed by a vast list of properties and accounts all connected to his name. By the look on all three of his companion's face's Garron would bet that he was some measure of famous, or perhaps just his family was. Well, this is more than I expected. I'm definitely not going back now.

"You're Harry Potter," Mini-Lucius whispered to Garron."Everyone thought you were dead." Garron turned to see the other child looking at him in awe. So it was that he was famous. He wondered what for. He would have to tell them that Hadrian really did not suit him at all, he liked Garron much better. It was more intimidating and powerful than something that could be shortened to such a hideous nickname.

"Don't gape Draco.It's unbecoming. Mr.Potter, it would appear that we need to have a discussion. How did you come to be here, when it is well known your parent's were murdered in the war? With whom did you stay with?" For some reason, the news that his true parents were murdered didn't bother him that much. He felt no remorse, no grief. After all, you can't miss someone you've never met. Besides, they'd probably gotten themselves killed if they'd made a wrong move during a war. It happened all the time, didn't matter whose parents you were. Garron took a breath, and readied himself to sell the best farce of his life.

Garron recited his story verbatim, emphasizing his words once or twice with a sniffle. Lucius Malfoy took stock of every word Garron said, watching the boys face as carefully as Garron was watching him. With a deep breath, Lucius removed himself from the room and disappeared for a long moment. In the meantime, Draco chatted up Garron much more now that his father was gone. He barraged Garron with a million questions about what he liked and what he was interested in.He even asked Garron what Hogwarts house he wanted to be in. And while Garron had no idea what that was. He responded with, "I will be wherever I thrive the most. No matter where that is, as long as it gets me the farthest."

Lucius and Narcissa came into the room after twenty minutes of discussion, both wearing their faces with a mask of indifference.

"As Mr. Potter last living relative and the Black Heiress, I formally request him to be placed into our custody and wish to Blood Adopt the child as well." Narcissa's voice rang throughout the small room as both her and her husband looked down at Garron.

PART FOUR!!! I hope you guys liked it. As always read and review. Lemme know what you guys want to see in future chapters!
Mischief Managed,
Julianne