I Just Wanted to Take a Shower!!

"Guys! I'm going to take a shower!" Lincoln Loud yelled as he entered his house. He'd just finished a science project at Clyde's house, and let's just say it ended with both him and his friend drenched in soda and glue. So he tiredly climbed up the stairs, eager to clean the mess off of himself.

"Whatever, Lincoln," Lori said, standing at her doorway and texting on her phone. "You didn't have to tell us that, y'know. We literally don't care."

"I just didn't want any of you to walk in while I was showering," he shrugged. "You know the lock's broken." Before Lori could make any kind of retort, Lincoln stepped into the bathroom and shut the door. After pressing his ear to the door for a few seconds to make sure nobody was about to come thudding to the entryway, he pushed himself off the door, shed his clothes, and quickly hopped into the shower. He didn't even bother to turn on the lights through this whole process; he was too tired, and he knew the house like the back of his hand anyway.

'Feels good to finally have some time to myself today,' he sighed as he let the water wash off the pop and glue. 'I've been so busy...' As he continued his shower, he became wrapped up in his thoughts and with the task of scrubbing himself clean. He was so occupied, in fact, that he didn't notice the door slowly begin to open....

5 minutes ago..

"Okayy Lily!" Leni chirped, putting the giggling baby down into her crib and smiling. "I know it's almost time for your nap, and I also know how much you loooove apple slices before bed!" She stood up straight, heading for the door. "I'm going to go downstairs and cut up some nice sweet apples for you! How does that sound?"

Lily giggled, clapping her hands and rolling onto her back. "Goo!"

"I'll take that as a yes~" Leni grinned. "Now be a good baby and stay here while I go get your snack." Still looking at Lily, she walked out the door. A few seconds later, a thud, followed by a crash, could be heard. Lily tilted her head in confusion until she heard Leni's apologies and Lisa's "tsk tsk tsk-ing."

What baby wouldn't be curious about what her sisters were talking about?

With a giggle, Lily wobbled to her feet. She knew she'd have to get out of her crib quickly if she wanted to see all of the commotion before her parents heard and settled things. She held onto the bars on her crib. Their parents had asked Lisa to make reinforcements ("and they'd better be baby-friendly!" they said) to her crib, so she'd be less likely to escape. This time, Lisa had equipped the bed with "Tickle Feather Sensors." Of course, even though Lily didn't know what it meant, she learned quickly enough that if she got too close to the rim of the crib, she'd be attacked by a flurry of robot hands holding feathers. She shivered at the thought, and stared at the mechanical hands. How was she supposed to get out of there without them noticing her?

"Boo boo!" she cried angrily, thinking of nothing. She pouted, sitting down hard on the bed, making her blanket and toys jump.

Wait....

Suddenly, Lily had an idea. She picked up one of her toys - a bear was best, she decided - and slowly stood up again. She looked at the robot hands again, teddy still in hand. Then, with a laugh, she threw her toy at the rim of her crib. As soon as the toy made contact with the top of the crib, the hands activated. The machine quickly whirred to life, and three feathers began to tickle the bear as if it was the baby. While the hands were "distracted" Lily grabbed her pillow and threw it over, then climbed out herself, landing safely on her pillow. She laughed giddily as she watched the mechanical hands finally stop, taking the teddy bear and tucking it under the covers. After she was sure they were stopped for good, she crawled eagerly out of the door.