Whatever it takes (X Human)

This was bad, this was really bad... He was on the run and he had (y/n) with him. Being alone on the run was one thing, he could take care of himself, he had done it before and he could do it again. But (y/n)... He loved them and he couldn't bare it if anything was to happen to them.

Crosshairs didn't breath for a few seconds as he stopped to listen, he couldn't hear much.

Water dripping somewhere close, the rocks rolling away over top of them, the drill trying to get to them from the opposite side...

The static in his audio receptor from his broken comm link, Hounds yelling from the outside and (y/n)'s faint sobbs.

Crosshairs turned his helm to look down at the human, the sight hurt his spark to say so at least.

His human was sitting there in the dark, shaking and covered in dirt, hand over their mouth and tears threatening to fall...

" Don't worry love... I got everything under control..."

He tried to sound reassuring as he flashed them a stressed smirk before turning a corner and shooting the decepticons walking towards the cave he was hiding in with (y/n)

The cons fell to the ground and Crosshairs pulled back to his hideout, He could hear the stones above them crackle as the others was trying to dig them out, but so was the cons... fragging cons... they were trying to take his (y/n) from him.

With an annoyed grunt he looked back at (y/n) they were getting worse tears was rolling down from their eyes as they still had their hands shut over their mouth, desperately trying to strangle the sounds.

They looked up at Crosshairs bright blue optics, the only thing that brought them light in this dark cave, as they could see the turmoil and anxiety in the green mechs optics they lost most of the hope they had on getting out of this alive.

" Love don't... It's okay to be scared, I ain't letting those nasty cons get to ya "

His words fated as (y/n) began thinking. How did this happen ?

How had it come to this ?

They had just gone out for a drive, just a simple innocent drive, okay maybe they had been speeding a little, but nothing more. And suddenly it all went BOOM and BANG !

Dust whirling up, the ground exploding, guns! lazers! Screams, shouting, cries ! Everything !

They had been trapped inside this cave system, close to collapsing not only on top of them but also around them. The other autobots was trying to dig them out from over them and the cons was on the sides, Cross was worried to say at least and (y/n) was ready to just run for the sake of it.

It was animal instinct, at the base of your brain you had three choices to pick between when facing something frightening as this...

Fight...

Flight...

Or play dead...

(y/n) sure as hell wasn't going to fight the cons ! Have you seen those bastards, they're fucking huge !

Flight... flight might be an idea, but could you run fast enough ?

And play dead ? Ha..ha.. do you have a death wish or something ? Risking the cons stepping on you ?... Yeah, how about no...

" Bloody hell ! (y/n) I need you to stop crying... " Crosshairs picked you up and looked at you with pleading optics.

" Please Love... stop crying "

" You Stop Fucking Crying When A Bunch Of Killer Robots Are Trying To Kill You ! "

You screamed in his face, tears streaming down your cheeks, you eyes stung from all the dust and the darkness that made them focus, your whole body ached, you properly broke a rib or something at a point.

Walking deeper into the cave system Cross held you close to his spark chamber, but the otherwise relaxing dull humming wasn't there. His spark pounded hard against his chest, you could hear it each time, while you were sobbing against his chest he sat up a grenade, timing it, before walking off into a smaller cave.

The paratrooper let out a breath of relive, there was a hole in the caves roof, he could make it bigger and call the others, he could get you out... And he had to get you out, the cons came through before the bots. Pulling his gun that was still working he began shooting the hole bigger, brinig the autobots attention to the place. Drift was the first to notice and he ran to the spot just as desperate as Crosshairs felt, stabbing his sword through the hole he made it big enough to get a look down into the cave. And he quickly caught Crosshairs blue optics, so full of sorrow that it hurt.

" Crosshairs ! We'll get you out ! " Drift yelled as he fell to his knees, trying to get a better look at the mech,

How damaged was he ?

Hound came to a halt when he saw the blue optics in the dark,

" Ya stay there dumbaft, got that ! We can't get you out if ya keep running ! "

Crosshairs didn't protest, he didn't came with some snappy comment, he just growled as he looked a different way, after a couple of shots he stopped growling and disappeared long enough to make both mechs worried.

" Crosshairs ya bastard ! Ah told ya ta stay in place ! "

A servo shot up the hole, having a shaking human in it.

" Take them, get them away... get them somewhere safe, away from the explosion "

He said it in cybertronian, making sure you didn't caught onto what he was about to do.

" Drift ! Take them ! Go ! "

Hound shouted and placed a servo on the samurais shoulder, and with a sad sigh he grabbed the human and transformed around them before driving off.

It hurt him hearing you scream to stop, turn around, and go back. And the scream you let out when the place burst up in flames could have killed any creature, it was spark breaking.

It hurt Drift to do this it really did... But he had promised Crosshairs to keep you safe...

Whatever it would take...