Chapter Thirteen

"You want to WHAT?!?!" Tony cried, looking at Peter in horror. Peter sighed. "I know you did not just ask me if we could invite the rogues to Family Movie Night!"

"That's not what I was asking!" Peter cried.

"Good." Tony huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Because the answer would've been no."

"I just...Natasha was talking about the Disney Marathons and I wanted to join," Peter said, toeing the ground with his sock clad foot. "And...and I wanted you to come too," he finished softly. Tony blinked. That wasn't really was he expected.

"Do you really want me to?" he asked, hating that he was going to do this. But then Peter's head shot up and a smile that was so damn hopeful covered his face and Tony just couldn't refuse.

He resigned himself to his fate.

__________________________________________________

Tony smiled at his son's sleeping face. He has fallen asleep after Lilo and Stitch and Tony had covered him with a light blue fleece blanket. He had just gotten up to get some water when he was cornered by Rogers.

He sneered over the glass at him as he blocked the exit. "Move, Rogers." Tony said finally, after his patience disappeared.

Steve, to his credit, did not flinch at the venom in Tony's voice. He crossed his arms and stuck his chin out defiantly, as if he didn't have an enraged midget on his hands. "No."

Tony growled. "Move. Before I make you."

"I just want to talk, Tony," Steve said. "Please. There's no need to be vicious."

Tony barked out a laugh. No need to be vicious? That's rich. "We have nothing to talk about," Tony said instead of doing what he really wanted to do; hit him. "So if you don't mind...'

"Please," Steve said softly. It was a one that made Tony stop, his posture relax slightly as he quickly did a once over of Steve. He was standing in the doorway, and while he seemed confident, he was hunched over and Tony could see traces of eye bags under his eyes. Tony sighed in defeat.

"This better be good." Tony relented.

Steve smiled gratefully and motioned towards the chairs at the table. Tony reluctantly sat down, Steve following en suite. "Thank you," Steve said. He clasped his hands together on the table and stared at them, as he tried to formulate his words. "I wanted to...make amends, I suppose."

Tony bit back a reply. There was so many things Tony wanted to say to that. How he couldn't make amends. How nothing he could do would ever make up for the pain he had caused. Steve had fucked up. That's all there was to it. What was he doing, reopening old wounds?

"What I did...there are no words, Tony," Steve continued. "And I am so sorry for what happened between us."

"Sorry that you did it, or sorry that you got caught?" Tony asked, an ounce of bitterness escaping into his words.

"To be honest, I'm not sure," Steve said. Tony bristled. "I loved you, Tony. Never doubt that."

Too late. Tony thought bitterly. "Then why did you do it?" Tony asked.

"I never stopped loving Bucky." Steve said, and Tony...Tony had known that. And Tony had long since gotten over Steve, so why did that make his heart squeeze painfully in his chest? "Even after I had gotten over his death. I still loved him.

"Maybe I shouldn't have married you while I still harbored feelings for another man, but that man--at least during that time, I had thought--he was dead. And the love I felt for you, I thought that would overpower any feelings I had left," Steve continued. Tony clenched his hands, refusing to allow his emotions play out on his face. "I never thought...I never imagined that Bucky was still alive. If I had..."