fourtyone

it all seemed to go by in an instant.

going to work , then receiving the call — then just a blur.

but now it's slowed down, and I'm pacing these chemical wiped hallways, time just seeming to slip into nothingness

ive been (y/n)'s sister his whole life - but the panic that set in when I revived the call was the worst feeling I have ever felt. i was beyond terrified. my stomach churned , heart sunk , and eyes glossed over until everything in my line of vision just look like an absolute blur.

i must have been a mess.

i remember slamming up from my desk in a state of hysteria as i made my way out of the door as fast as i could. its most likely that I'll get in trouble for just leaving on the spot — but I'm sure they'll understand , considering the circumstances and all.

and now my brown flats are left impatiently tapping against the cold marble floor.

i need to see him.

"Excuse me, sir."

the older man spun on his heel , "Yes?"

i wiped my sweaty palms on my shirt , "Can I see my brother? Room 281? ICU?"

"(Y/N) ( L/N)?"

"Yes," i exclaimed , "that's him."

he nodded , "Alright , give me one moment , I'll check."

he made his way over to the counter and began mumbling to an employee working at the computers. after about two minutes of back-and-forth.

"You can see him," he said , "he's awake now and in relatively good condition."

and in an instant , my heart leaped from the pit of my stomach all the way back to place.

he was okay.

he was okay for now and that's all that matters.

(tbh I'm gonna edit this story k?)