Episode 3: Watched

Episode 3: W a t c h e d

A soft tune, somewhere between sensual jazz and classical violin, filled the atmosphere as Jin poured himself some more wine, calmly watching the ice swirl against the liquid.

"Jin."

"Fucking Hell." Jin practically dropped the wine glass and spun around, looking back at Sera who was lodging both Jungkook and the little Sera over her shoulder. The panic rose inside Jin at the sight of his unconscious brother, but he didn't allow it to show. "Can you please knock before coming into my room at least? What if I was doing something naughty and didn't want a good angel like you to see me mid-sinning."

She set Jungkook down on his bed beside Sera, ignoring his funny remarks. It wasn't the time or the place right now for his nervous banter.

He widened his eyes and sipped his wine, leaning against the wall as he waited for an explanation.

"Jungkook got into a little situation while he was walking the girl. It was Nim and—bad news for us—he's gotten even stronger. Thankfully the girl lost consciousness and I came out. If I hadn't, he would've been dead by now. But at the moment, I need you to tell Namjoon to supply him with more of that potion to suppress his demon. From what I've seen, Jungkook is not ready at all for what's to come."

"What's to come?" Jin blinked, getting a little serious with her. "What do you mean?"

Sera looking back at Jin with surprise. "I don't understand...you mean you've been keeping yourself on low guard this whole time Jin? What the hell were you all doing after Satan got locked up and I left you? Taking a blasted vacation?!" Her tone grew deeper and angrier.

He set his glass down and crossed his chest, assessing both her emotional reaction and the events that had been unfolding for the past few days. "No, but I didn't expect things to carry out so quickly. We only just suffered a great loss."

"And we're going to continue if we don't do something about it except mope and mourn." Sera nervously tapped her thumb against her bottom lip, deep in thought. She shook her head. "We aren't prepared." Jin narrowed his eyes at her.

"Demons and Angels aren't? You mean to say we are not prepared for one puny little angel who's gone bad?" He scoffed.

"No Jin. It isn't just one puny little angel this time..." her eyes relayed a sense of urgency and concern to him. "Nim has sided with the Joseon witches. And not just any witches. Im sure that symbol—no the sigil I saw on their hand, it isn't settling with me well."

"W-witches?!" He hissed out like he had just tasted a sour lemon. "What Sigil? Which house do they practice in?"

Sera gave him one look, and that look was all it took for Jin to know who she meant before even telling him.

"Blood Magic. Jin...they're the strongest house of dark magic."

His expression dropped down as his eyes glimmer with a fiery hot pink. He setting his glass down. "You mean...no..."

"I believe it, and I strongly do think that they're also part of her house..."

"Dalia!" Jin growled.

_____

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" Namjoon was the first to notice when we came down for breakfast. I curiously glanced at him thinking he was just a little upset. But when my eyes locked on to his face, I felt my blood grow cold.

I don't know what it was. Maybe it was the way he was just staring into nothing. Or maybe it was the way all color had faded from his face. But one thing for sure was that this wasn't Jungkook on peak performance. He looked like an empty shell of himself. Like he was completely drained out and dissociated.