P R O L O G U E

When Rakaeya Stark was born everyone rejoiced, it was in the last straws of the Winter, Winterfell was glad to have their second child born

     When Rakaeya Stark was born everyone rejoiced, it was in the last straws of the Winter, Winterfell was glad to have their second child born. One year after Robb was born, she was a blessing.

     As she grew up, Rakaeya was a beautiful child, she had dark locks and the Stark grey eyes. Everyone knew she would be a beautiful woman one day. Already some Northern lords wanted their heirs to marry her when they come of age but Ned declined most. He had it in his head that his daughter would need to meet them for herself. A child's judgment can't be trusted, once she comes of age then they will think about it.

     As Rakaeya grew into herself, she was always iffy with being obedient, she usually would do what was right then what was required of her. 

     Like how her mother didn't want her bastard brother in feasts when Winterfell has visitors, Rakaeya would find a way to sneak Jon in and would force him to stay when he tried his hardest to leave or when she was told to stop training like one of the boys with weapons and she would do it anyways or when she would skip out on the Septa because she doesn't like her Southern customs. 

     Rakaeya loved her siblings, all of her siblings, her father had noticed that his daughter had a resemblance to Lyanna with her hair and facial structure. It was noticed but not said much for Catleyn's sake, that she and Jon looked a lot alike, unlike her other siblings. Even Rakaeya knew this and she would love that, she was very close with Jon, she loved her brother and would try to treat him with such respect that he deserves. Truly she never knew why he was a bastard. Sure he's not her mother's son but can't he be legitimized, why wouldn't her father do it? It really never made sense.

     Rakaeya may break the rules with wielding a sword and bow but she was also a proper Lady like her mother wanted. She could sew and knit, she was fairly good at making outfits- actually, clothing is about the only thing she likes to make because it's necessary. She could proper curtsey and knew how to speak proper and all that. 

     Her mother used to say that she would make a fine wife one day and the whole idea of being a man's wife never stuck out to her.

     Sure, she dreamed about romance, having someone you're meant to be with but for some reason, the idea of marrying a Lord one day wasn't appealing. It's appealing to her younger sister Sansa but not to her. Because of this, her father promised her that he would make her a match that's worthy of her; someone good. 

     Since she just turned 16 on her Name Day, Rakaeya expects that will happen soon...

     Knowing the King was coming to Winterfell was a huge thing, everyone was excited and doing all they could to prepare. Sansa wouldn't stop talking about the Prince and all that. Rakaeya on her hand, wasn't as excited, why would she be? Yeah, they get to meet Robert Baratheon, but she could have sworn she met him when she was much younger, whatever, he's her father's closest friend. That's what matters.