E I G H T

Meereen was beautiful if you allow yourself to take it in, truly, it is breathtaking

     Missandei had begun to teach Rakaeya how to speak Valerian and a few other languages she'd need to learn to live her in Essos for a while.

     Good thing she was a fast learner, or this would never go well.

     Rakaeya stood next to Missandei as Daenerys talked to the people of Meereen like a Queen. She was good at it and you could most who talked to her, had love in their eyes, love for her.

     Daenerys Targaryen was a rare woman indeed.

     Once her last visitors left, Daenerys stepped down the steps, she was tired from today but also excited. An excited feeling in her gut that made her feel good. She knew this is what she's supposed to be doing.

     "Good evening," Daenerys greeted Rakaeya as she walked over, she knew that she was learning the language and wanted to see how it was going.

     Rakaeya understood what she said thankfully, "hello Dany," she said back, she had requested to learn how to say Dany just for this. Surprisingly Daenerys hasn't said anything about the nickname so she must be okay with it.

     "You taught her that too?" Daenerys asked Missandei who smiled shrugging.

     "Are you tired?" Rakaeya asked in the common tongue.

     "It's been a long day," she responded.

     "I understand, I once helped my brother run Winterfell when I was the only oldest Stark there," she explained, "I like to think I did good, but who really knows, but you," she tilted her head, "your something special, Daenerys Stormborn."

     "Thank you," she thanked.

     Daenerys glanced at Missandei who gave her a small smile, "Rakaeya could you walk with me for a little bit before I decide to retire for the night?"

     "Sure."

     Daenerys laced her arm with Rakaeya's as they walked, the way she would with any other man who was walking with her, it wasn't any different with a woman.

     Rakaeya just looked at her, she never had a woman do this. Like it always with men who would escort her somewhere would do the same thing, but a woman never had, she feels as if she is over thinking the way this feels.

     "What will be the first thing you do when your home?" Daenerys asked out of nowhere.

     Rakaeya looked at her surprised, "uh... I don't know," she glanced at her, "let me think," she took a second, thinking about it for a moment, "I would want to go to the Godswood, see the Weirwood tree, I always felt comfortable there. Whenever I was sad I would go there, whenever I was mad I would go there, whenever I was scared I would go there. It was a safe place. No one for a while knew where I went during those times but then one day, the first person who found me, Jon," she smiled, "he always knew where I was. I swear."