Chapter 2

Paelen was blinded by the light of the Solar Stream. He had no idea how to navigate around it like Pegasus could, but his sandals knew what they were doing. He squinted in the light to try and see where he was going but without any luck. When finally he was out of the Solar Stream, he found himself hovering over a town by the sea. It was chilly, but the sun was shining. Paelen noticed a pier jutting into the sea. They were planning on building one in Olympus, but looking at this one, he didn't see why it was such a popular design.

Paelen looked at the buildings as he descended to the ground. They were not the most attractive buildings, but the place seemed full of life. There were not many people out and about at this time in the morning (times are different in Olympus and Earth), but Paelen decided it would be safer to land in an alleyway to make sure no one would see him. He chose his alleyway and landed, when he heard a gasp from behind. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened. Paelen turned around and saw a teenage girl staring at him in shock. She was tall, a good head above Paelen. She had mousy brown hair in a loose ponytail and had round glasses. At her chest she hugged a book.

"You're a god!" She exclaimed. Her voice was not like Emily or Joel's, a different accent. British.

"No I am not." Paelen said.

"Yes! Yes you are! I've read so much about you!" She squealed as she saw Paelen's sandals. "Oh my god! You're Hermes!"

"You are confusing yourself with someone else." Paelen said, trying to smile politely. "I am Paelen the Magnificent, at your service." He bowed.

The girl jumped up and down. "I've met a god!" She chanted. Her face brightened as she something passed through her mind, "Do you know Zeus? And Athena? And Artemis? Can I meet them?"

Paelen was confused. This girl seemed to know a lot about the Olympians, even if she was referring to their Greek names. "We do not call ourselves as such, we use the names Jupiter, Minerva and Diana, and no, you may not see them. Please, tell me where I am."

The girl seemed slightly disappointed, but was happy to tell him where he was. "We're in Hastings."

'Hastings' rang a bell in Paelen's head. He snapped his finger, "This is where the Battle of Hastings happened! It was quite the talk on Olympus. I was just a boy then, but I heard the King of England got shot in the eye."

"Hah!" the girl said triumphantly. "You are a god then!"

"No, I am not a god." Paelen said,  "I am an Olympian. But if you wish to call me a god, you may do so. How do you know so much about Olympians?"

"I read." She said simply. "But why are you here? Are there deadly hydras attacking this town? Are there evil titans mind controlling humans to take over the world?"

"What? No! I'm just visiting."

The girl looked weirdly disappointed, but then her face lit up, "I can show you around!"

Paelen had the feeling that he was not going to rid himself of her any time soon and sighed. "You may show me around. But first, what is your name?"

"Catherine. But you can call me Katy." She replied. She looked at Paelen's tunic. "Uhh, you're gonna have to change. We don't wear those anymore."

Of course! Paelen had totally forgotten about modern day clothing. How could he have forgotten such a simple thing? He looked at Katy. She was beaming and clearly eager to show Paelen around town. Since Paelen had no idea where on earth he was, he decided he should learn what was in this place, as this looked like where he would be staying for a while. It was his sandals choice, not his own. 

He looked at Katy and grinned, "Let us get some clothes."

***************************

A bit of context: The Battle of Hastings, if you didn't know, was when the Normans, lead by King William, invaded England in 1066, and was the last time England was ever invaded (I think). They recorded the battle on the Bayeux Tapestry, and it is thought that King Harold, king of England, was shot in the eye with an arrow and died (wow! no joke!).

Hastings is a town in the South East of England by the sea:

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

New Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें