14 Esme's Night In

Hey everyone! Didn't plan on doing a multi person POV but I figure what the hell. So enjoy!

Esme

I wandered the street as it poured down on me lightning flashing every other minute. I was soaking wet but ironically it felt good on the unknown skin; I wasn't sure how I got here, whether I was alive or dead all I knew was that I was headed home. I knew that I had been gone for seemed like a long time in this dark room that was where I spent days that felt like years and when I woke up from this said coma I only had one thing on my mind; food. I found it strange that even as the rain hit me and though I felt it I didn't feel the same as before I went into that deep sleep. I felt hollow, empty, almost dead practically. I wasn't sure how long it took till I finally reached the house barely clothed in nothing but a hospital gown I walked through the front door without making a sound.

I head to the bathroom or at least what I think was the bathroom cause for all I know everything had a fuzzy distant memory. I grabbed a towel from the sink ledge and wiped my face and body down. As I was standing there towel in one hand my eyes met gaze with the mirror in front of me I realized that I looked different. Little less like Night of the Living Dead and more like just pneumonia victim instead; I touched my reflection on the mirror trying to understand if it was just what I remember or was it reality. "Oh... My... God." Was all I could muster up to whisper.

I heard my stomach churn and gurgle causing me to stop studying myself and lean over the sink. I didn't throw up again thank God but I was feeling different; I was yet again starving. I needed food and I needed it now so I headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge, " What useless junk is in this thing now?" I asked myself rummaging through leftover containers and beer, "I need meat." I whisper not finding what my body intended. After a few minutes I settled on nothing cause none of it was what I happened to crave I had a familiar sense of what I wanted but I didn't seem to find it here then I realized what I needed; flesh. I could taste the blood on my tongue; so warm smelling of copper and iron it pleased me, calmed me. I wanted the taste of skin to skin but so much higher than any sex I ever had; so much closer.

I walked up the stairs and came across a room I was unsure who was in it but I could smell them... Their hearts in sync with one another it made me sad but so hungry I silently walked up to the  end of the bed and sat down glancing around and debating if I wanted to wake the person up. I smelled something else too besides blood it was perfume not just any perfume something that triggered a memory that feels like forever ago.

"Mom, do you have to go out with this man? I mean dad's not even on death row yet you're still out messing around." Mom slaps me across the face; hard but not hard enough to bruise. "I know how you feel about your Papa... Just I need to be happy you know? Get out more... I mean you're old enough now you don't need me anymore. I mean you watch your sisters for me when I go out do you not? Just mija, I need you to be helpful in this time alright?" I shrug trying not to show the anger in my eyes instead I walk off to my room.

I nearly step away from this woman I called my mother something about me irked, I hated this woman, hated her. I couldn't help but look at her mouth watering and eyes pierced. Before I realized what had been going on I was over my mom her jaw dislocated and skull cracked open, "Holy shit." I whisper trying to wipe my mouth and glance up four more people dead. "What the fuck did I do?"

I quickly rose up from the floor in a panic I ran to the bathroom to take a shower, anything to get rid of a trace of blood. I washed my hair first then my body noticing how much better it actually looked. I stepped out of the shower all clean and apparently the best I had looked in ever, "I feel awesome. My hair is back to it's normal texture, my skin isn't as pale or old looking... Don't feel like I'm gonna kill over." As I went to a bedroom and looked in the drawers in search of something to wear I came across a pair of shorts and a black t shirt. Though it was fall and probably freezing outside for some off reason it didn't seem to phase me as I headed out the front door and back to Molly's house.