18 Kelly

I didn't sleep all night after Esme said those words "yummy brother". What did she mean by that? Was she planning on what I was thinking, turning us into a formal dinner next? After I finished changing into my black skinny jeans, The Beatles long sleeve shirt and combat boots I headed downstairs to grab my bag. I was too worried about last night to eat anything, but for all I knew it very well could be my last meal so I resorted to an apple on the go. Before I headed out the door I threw on my red trenchcoat considering the fact it had sleeted last night and the wind picked up it was freezing outside. As I walked to school; kicking leaves and pebbles along the sidewalk the same phrase played over and over in my head, "yummy brother" something about the way Esme said it gave me chills. Suddenly my train of thought was broken when I heard the sound of footsteps close behind me I didn't dare turn around for fear I'd have to use the arts on someone and today wasn't a day so great to that considering I'd probably lose control.

"Hey, Molly!" I hear yelling it sounds familiar but I don't recognize it well enough to stop so I keep going. "Molly, wait up!" Just keep moving and I won't have to release the beast I tell myself, "Molly! It's me!" I come to a stop waiting for the yelling to come to a halt as well as I decide what spell to conjure up, "Hey, it's me Matt remember? I saw you at the bookstore the other evening. How are you doing and all?" Then it dawned on me, Matt Gillian. "Oh, hey. I didn't notice you... Thought you were someone else, brother or something." Matt nods. "You have a brother? Older or younger?" I shrug, "He's three years older than me... His name's Winston but I call him Stanley. Yea the other day... I'm sorry I was kind of rude I've been dealing with a lot lately." Matt nods again. Awkward conversation this early in the AM, "It's alright, no biggie. It must be hard dealing with a loss of some close people in your life. Pretty horrible what happened that night; still hard for me to sleep sometimes... I feel for you. How was your weekend?" He ask as if he's actually interested in knowing I brought back the dead so I just play along. "It was a weekend you know? Nothing unusual just did some homework, parents went on a mission trip so my dumbass brother and I are stuck holding the fort down." We continue to walk and talk making awkward casual conversation all the way till we get inside the school, "Oh by the way about me asking you out... You never really did answer... Are you busy Friday?" He looks at his feet and for the first time in awhile I realize not only is a pretty well known guy trying to date me but I sense a hint of hurt... Of sorrow. "Not really, I mean all I'm doing is watching shitty YouTube videos most of the time." I reply as the bell rings. "Cool. Well can I offer to take you to a movie say at 8?" I shrug, "I don't know... Maybe." I smile in a sly way.

By the time I'm in my first class I almost forget how boring Geometry is until the class is interrupted with a face I know oh too familiar by now; only this time she's wearing a pink skirt with black tights, a black shirt adorning perfect breast and blonde hair. Mr. Martin stops class mid sentence after seeing such a beauty, "Everyone we have a new student in our class. Please welcome Kelly Andrews." My heart not only skipped a beat and probably wanted to see escape my chest; possibly this room I also felt dizzy. "Why don't you tell us one thing about yourself, Kelly?" Mr. Martin adds. Kelly smiles this perky smile one I recall was once Kari underneath, "Well, I love people and one day I hope to go to Harvard Med school." Amongst the boring faces that don't see what I see right now I can feel the room start to spin; it's becoming harder to breath, I swore my head was about to fall out of my ass. After hearing that small sentence all I remember next was a blank space next total darkness.