ruof | four

for a few minutes everything was dark. like someone had punched me in the face and my eyes were trying to focus on something, anything. i stood up and heard chains rattle. i felt tears burn at the edges of my eyes. "e...emalf..." i croaked. "e...malf..." my eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness and i could see a bit more to the room. not that there was anything to see. besides me and the chains (that i had just noticed were locked around my ankles) hanging from the wall, i was alone in this room. i threw fire at the wall, to no avail. a fireball. nothing. i tried any sort ot magic, nothing worked. it was way too dark in this room. i ignited a small flame on the tip of my pointer finger to use as a match. i could see the room a bit better. and i could quite clearly see a large cage. i walked a bit closer, examining it.

there were bunnies in the cage. i could see them hopping around and there were four big carrots in the cage. the carrots were peeled and looked untouched. the bunnies seemed quite fat, so i guessed they were spoiled and received lots of food. "cute, huh?" i jumped, turning towards the source of the words. a girl was standing a few feet from me. "oh, i'm sorry! i didn't m-mean to startle you..." a girl with white snakes for hair was staring at me, hands folded in front of her. she looked shaky and was fidgeting. her skin was a pure eyes and there was no white in her eyes-where there should have been white there was a deep crimson, and her pupils were beady and yellow. there were some pink streaks within her snake hair and she was wearing a cute black dress. despite her rather harmless appearance, i didn't trust it one bit. especially because her hair was hissing at me. "are you okay?? the girl whispered. i blinked a few times, snapping back into reality. "huh? yeah, i mean, i guess. i don't know. where am i? who are you?" the girl gave me a curtsy. "my name is medouco. i'm the maid here, and er, you're in our lord's palace, ma'am." i nearly fell over. ah, yeah, how could i have forgotten? i was stupid. i got captured.

"a-am i going to die...?" i asked, staring at the ground. the girl chuckled, kneeling down and tapping my shoulder. i looked up at her. "i doubt he'd kill you. you're just so cute!" she patted my head reassuringly. "honestly, lord satanick always brings in cuties, but you're just adorable!!" i was frightened by her sudden change of character. her shakiness was still present, but instead of that innocent look on her face, i saw lust and adoration. "oh, t-thanks???" i gave her a nervous laugh. i didn't want to get on her bad side. "y'know what? my lord may get a tad bit mad but-" she pulled out a cute cat keychain with tons of keys hanging from it. she grabbed one of the keys and unlocked the restraints on my ankles. "here, let's go on a quick tour!" she snatched my hand, i was taken aback by her sudden odd kindness towards me, but i decided to play along.