evif | five

she was so energetic, she dragged me around the entire castle excitedly, explaining every location in a sweet and bubbly manner. "ah! we should visit my favorite spot." i couldn't help but give a slight smile to her whenever she spoke, she just sounded too sweet. "alright, medouco." she grinned, squeezing my hand. "so formal! call me medi!!" i sighed. she had made this place a bit more welcoming, although i was still rather shaken up.
she led me down a staircase in the palace. further and further down we went until we reached the bottom. a door was at the end of a short hallway. she walked to the door, her hand still holding mine. she dug into her pocket for her keys again and unlocked the door. the door creaked open and i froze. it was...a torture chamber. bloodstains everywhere, most dry, but i could spot a few fresh ones. there were so many torture devices. i covered my eyes. this was her favorite room? "medi, this must be the wrong room, right? i mean-this can't be your favorite room...right??" she turned to me, i couldn't see the life in her eyes. "the screams...we can hear them from upstairs. they've become so pleasant to listen to...everyone who screams deserves it. they aren't cute, they aren't nice, they're horrible."
i was disgusted, i felt my face turn pale. she's insane. i should have expected it. but i was too scared to openly tell her that she made me uncomfortable, i simply nodded and let her lead me back upstairs. she turned to me when we reached the door at the top of the staircase. "hey, y/n?" i looked down at my feet, murmuring "uh-huh?" she bit her lip. "i don't believe you liked seeing that room very much, did you?" i shook my head in response. she gave me a sigh and patted my shoulder. "i'm sorry if i seemed a bit deranged down there. that room just has an effect on all of us. plus—" she squeezed my hand tightly. "—i think it'd be wrong for me to not show you that room. if it makes you feel any better, y/n, i wouldn't want you down there." i was a tad bit relieved. i still thought medouco was out of her mind, but this made me think she had the slightest bit of rationality and morality.
she opened the door, and there he stood. those eyes pierced me. medouco instantly dropped down to her knees and bowed. i stood idle, my feet glued to one spot. "i see you've met medouco. going against direct orders as always, aren'tcha, medouco?"